PROBLEM: 3D Fusion 7600GT

r3g

Limp Gawd
ok so i reinstalled windows this morning because i wanted a fresh copy. after getting all driver and such installed i opened up steam to play some DOD Source only to find that HDR wasnt on. i go into the options and Full HDR isnt even an option only NONE and Bloom. then right next to it i check the DX version and under hardware it says Directx v0.0 and im like wtf!

so try reinstalling the Nvidia driver (91.47) AND reinstalling directX 9c and neither worked. can anyone help me fix this? thx in advance.

Wait, you reinstalled WINDOWS without reinstalling Steam and all your Steam applications?

What are you, nuts?

This isn't 1997, with standalone games that didn't care about the OS. With a system as rooted within the depths of Windows as Steam is, I've little faith in your ability to play Steam games without a full reinstall. Rip out all that crap and reinstall Steam from scratch, then HL2. You can probably leave the mods alone, but you need to reinstall the basics.

r3g said:
i did reinstall all my apps. im not stupid i know...

Did you install the drivers for your motherboard chipset?

Also, you can check your DirectX installation by running dxdiag (start->run->dxdiag), see if it fails.

Enter console and type mat_dxlevel 90. Might be stuck on DX 7 or 8.1 for various reasons.

that did the trick! it was on mat_dxlevel 0

thx much man.

ok something is still wrong. soon as i close the game it sets back to 0, the only way to stop it is to put the command in my config then make it read only. but its not supposed to be that way, reinstalling steam doesnt fix it so what do you think is causing this in the 1st place?

Sounds like your mobo chipset drivers need to be reinstalled. After you install them reinstall your video drivers see if that works.

zone_86 said:
Sounds like your mobo chipset drivers need to be reinstalled. After you install them reinstall your video drivers see if that works.

=( didnt work. and it sucks being forcing the command makes the game run choppy as hell at times

No, wait. At the Steam Games list, right-click on DoD:S, hit Properties, and go in launch options. Put "-dxlevel 90" without the quotes and hit apply. That should stick there.

Back