Problem playing BR ISO's

RiZnO

Gawd
Hi, I haven't been able to play iso's of blu ray disks through vista media center using pdvd 8. It starts up then gives the file format error. I can however open and play the iso using windvd just fine. I used anydvd to rip the disk to image and have anydvd running in background. Was/is there something I should do to make playback happen?

So-- Vista 64, Powerdvd 8, Windvd, Anydvd hd, Blu Ray ISO. Won't play using vmc mymovies "watch" or using powerdvd as the default open with program. Same iso will play using windvd as "open with" program, and will play using pwrdvd when br is in drive.

I normally will just use what works but I prefer the gui of mymovies in vmc :)

Thanks!

What are you using to mount the ISO? I had this problem with PDVD 7 (latest build), and I was using Daemon Tools to mount the image. I found it that Daemon doesn't work well with BR ISO's. I installed Virtual Clone Drive (free from Slysoft), mounted the image, and PDVD played it fine.

What are you using to mount the ISO? I had this problem with PDVD 7 (latest build), and I was using Daemon Tools to mount the image. I found it that Daemon doesn't work well with BR ISO's. I installed Virtual Clone Drive (free from Slysoft), mounted the image, and PDVD played it fine.

I can also recommend Slysoft's Virtual Clone Drive, have not had any problems with it. I also use MyMovies in VMC and have it play through PowerDVD 8.

Yeah... I figure it's something I am doing wrong.. hoping someone esle has been down this path also. Im using clone drive and the iso's mount and work fine with windvd just not with pwrdvd. I do remember not ripping them with protection on, maybe I should have left that on in anydvd for power to play the iso? Either way I'm still messing around with it and I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later. ThX

I usually keep the encryption on when ripping BRs with anyDVD.
I had exactly the same problem with the wallE BD

I'm using TMT though. HTH.

I don't keep the encryption and I use both Daemon when i'm running Media Library in WMC to mount the iso, and if i do it manually i use slysoft's Virtual clone drive. I haven't run into problems with either. But then again i haven't played all of my BR isos using daemon yet, just virtual clone drive.

Back