problem w/ Server 2000 and task manager

Rocco123

Limp Gawd
Howdy,

I'm a server administrator, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen this occur.

Two of my servers in question run java applications (windows 2000 server w/ SP4 and all the latest security patches), and occasionally they tend to act up. By "acting" up, I mean that when I terminal into the box (or log on at the box itself), and I go into task manager, there are no processes listed. And before you ask me if I've checked the box labeled "show processes from other uses", yes I've checked that. The box tends to slow down after this, and sometimes the java applications crash. Rebooting fixes the issue. The problem happens maybe 2-3 times a week.

I've done a lot of troubleshooting and researching, and I can't seem to find the root of the problem. Event log only has a few trivial errors. Server has never blue screened (so no memory dumps to look at).

If anyone has seen similar behavior with server 2000, please let me know. This probably isn't the greatest place to post this, but I figured i'd give it a shot.

my experience here is limited as I haven't played with it tons..

I don't think you can see the running processes like that with terminal server, but in the terminal services manager you can see the processes. Altho I'm not sure how to modify them while being remote. Your best bet is to use something like tightvnc..

Back