problem with 2 monitors

cxz001

Limp Gawd
hi,

i have a 24'' and a 21''. they are running at different resolutions. The problem i have is that when I try to watch Youtube on fullscreen on 1 screen, then I click on something else on the other monitor, the fullscreen disappears... how to fix that?

I can't think of an easy fix other than to download the youtube videos and then watch them in a media player that won't snap out of fullscreen when something else has focus. I use zoomplayer as described here. There are firefox plugins to help with the youtube downloading this, but overall I just live with it not being full screen for most things.

so what good is 2 monitors then? Can I play games using 2 monitors?

so what good is 2 monitors then? Can I play games using 2 monitors?
not 2 different games at the same time. lol... For a long time I used my gaming rig at a htpc. When I wanted to show someone something and they were sitting on the couch i just simply drag over what I want them to see on the second monitor...

The only game that works well on two monitors is supreme commander; as you can have your mini map on the 2nd monitor...

I would often play a movie in vlc on the 2nd monitor, and be surfing the web from my desk... Lots of things to do..

wow that's really ghey... i thought u can use both monitor to play games. or at least play 2 games on 2 different screens.

wow that's really ghey... i thought u can use both monitor to play games. or at least play 2 games on 2 different screens.
ok, you can with a lot of games, but... most games suck when its spread out across two monitors, especially if they are different sizes.

If you have a modern ati card, or 2 modern nvidia cards and similar sized monitors you can play many more games on both monitors.
I find the best use for 2 monitors in reading, accessing more information and doing work, rather than entertainment use like games and movies.
Again a decent media player will solve your problems in most cases.

It is not easy to fix. something also depends upon the game development i mean to say that what feature included in the game (it independent of the resolution of screen). If you are playing online also browser dependency and some browser like Mozilla help you to control your resolution and play game easily.

Thanks,

Peter Disuja

Last edited by a moderator:
Games are designed to use all the resources they can get. Trying to play 2 differant games at once just wont work.

There are exceptions. I know people who play 2 games of World of Warcraft at one time. Simply Alt/Tabing between them. Playing them in Windowed mode also helps with this.

There use to be software thar would virtually turn one PC into 2, using 2 monitors, 2mice, and 2 keyboards, each screen would in a sense be a seperate PC. However i dont believe it worked while gaming.

Back