Problem with Action Center & Network and Sharing Center

Quantum

Limp Gawd
Yesterday I posted this thread and solved that issue but now I have a new one which doesn't actually seem to affect functionality.

In the screenshots below, the Action/Network and Sharing Centers both display false information. I'm actually connected to my router with internet and LAN access and MSE is installed, enabled, and updated. Also the network icon in the system tray shows a red cross over the WiFi signal bars as if the WiFi card is turned off (which it obviously is not).

I've tried reinstalling MSE which seemed to get rid of the false info in Action Center but it returned after a reboot. I also tried reinstalling the WiFi drivers with no effect.

EDIT: When I try to connect to a HomeGroup I get this:
homegroup.jpg

networksharingcenter.jpg

actioncenter.jpg

Last edited:
Yes some of the network related services failed to run but I fixed that and all services seem to be running as they should. But I still get these notifications.

I could just take the easy way out and format but I feel it's a good opportunity to learn something new for future problems. So I'd prefer to understand what's wrong and try to fix it.

Didn't work. It failed to access some 20,000 files when I tried to run the command in Windows so I also tried it by booting with installation disc which enabled it to access all files but it didn't make any difference.

After spending almost the entire day on this I've given up on the damn thing. The problems just run too deep so I'm formatting later today. I guess I won't be using Windows Install Clean Up tools again... Thanks for the help though.

Back