Problem with GAINWARD Geforce FX5700 & Dell 2001FP Dual Monitor Problem

drdamour

n00b
I have this card:
GAINWARD VFX57XP5933 Geforce FX5700 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card - Retail
It is Dual DVI

And 2 2001FP Dell Monitors (running at 1600x1200)

I'm running win2k3 but with the XP drivers (this is supported), I have the same issues with WinXP on a different boot drive.

My problem is whenever I reboot my PC the second monitor will flash "cannot display this mode" and won't initialize/activate even through logging on.

How I get them to work is I have to go to settings tab and modify the resolution for the secondary monitor to 800x600 click apply. At this point the monitor will initialize and start displaying. I can then change the settings back to 1600x1200 and it will be fine.

This also happens when the energy saver feature turns the monitors "off" I've had to resort to setting the power saving feature to always on for the monitors (something I don't really like)

I've worked aroudn the problem by having a startup program that does the modifications to pixels for me, but that's a crappy solution.

I have switched the monitors, and the cables and the same situation arrises, so it's definately somethign to do with the video card/computer

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Does anyone have any ideas? Does anyone know how to contact gainward? I've found multiple numbers, but they all seem useless...

Any thoughts or help or even pointing me in the right direction, and I'd REALLY apreciate it.

Thanks!

Back