Problem with Halo

GVX

Gawd
Sometimes when I play Halo my system freezes up totally.
I was thinking that it was my CPU overheating so I bought a 120mm intake and modded on my sidepanel directly over my CPU. Now MBM says that my temps never go above 50C when they used to hit 60C under a load, but Halo still freezes. So do you guys have any ideas why this one game seems to freeze up.

I'm thinking that it might be a VPU lockup or something.

you might try relaxing your ram timings a little (not sure what they're at now). I got blue screens with halo all the time and that fixed it right up

My current timings are 2-3-2-7 (I thought that was pretty relaxed, but I could always raise the latencies a bit more).

It sounds like memory, check the following:

Voltage
Timings
Speed

And post your results

Latency correction: My correct latencies are 2.5-3-2-7 (note that I'm using one stick of Kingston and one stick of Samsung RAM, but the RAM is perfectly matched and besides, I've been having this freezing problem before I bought a second stick of 512).

my voltage is SSTL 2.5 and my speed is 333Mhz.

While playing Halo the game would just completely freeze up and nothing would respond. I would have to manually cut power to system (which I really don't like doing) and do a cold boot just to free up the system again.

As I said, I kinda suspect that it is some kind of Video Driver problem as I can only remember this freezing issue starting after I bought my 9600XT back during the summer (I can't recall my old Geforce2 MX giving me this problem).

I've tried turning the graphic settings down in Halo, but it still freezes up.

Could a video card error somehow be causing this problem?

Back