Problems Booting

Regen

Lurker
Today I was swaping out some fans in my system, after I got all done I went back to turn it back on and the PS works and sends power, all my fans work, and my fans on my CPU and videocard work, but I get nothing on the monitor and it doesnt sound like its booting. I have some diganostic LEDs and it says "The D-LED will hang if the memory module is dammaged or not properly installed. Well I am thinking that isnt the problem because I should still get something coming up on my monitor. So I would really like any ideas....

Thanks

Regen,

List your specs so the folks can jump-in and help you.
In the meantime heed the diagnostic and re-install your ram sticks, even move them around. Might have bumbed something there while working inside on your fans.

gl :)

Sry about that
Athlon 2000
MSI KT4V
512 DDR PC2100
Geforce 6800
420 Watt PS
2 40gig Maxtor HDs

I tried moving the ram around and I cleared the CMOS and still nothing....

bump, anyone have any ideas? right now I am thinking my motherboard is shot

Like he said perhaps you bumped something like ide cables,power cable,videocard not insert all the way. Check all the connections. Then if that doesn't work try taking out extra pci cards if you have them like modem,tv tuner etc.
Do the whole one component at a time.

Well I dont think its my video card, I took my Geforce 6800 out and tried a old AGP that I had laying around and that didnt work, so I tried a PCI video card and it didnt work too.

i am having the same problem with the pc in my sig....the cd drive boots but no bios beeps i just built this 2day 2 :( any ideas?

Unplug everything except power, video and one stick of ram and see if that works.

Ghostface Killah said:
I have had the same problem as you. In the end the problem was the mother board for me
That is what I am thing is wrong with mine. I have been meaning to upgrade my system for some time now, so now I guess I am stuck upgrading :rolleyes:

Hey there Regen,

Did you try what AceGoober posted above?

Also try just the PSU, motherboard and CPU and see if you get some beep code.

Strip all down and take out of the case, check for stray screws, stand-offs are properly placed so as to line up with mobo holes with no extras , anothing they may cause a short.

Find out if the mobo is really dead, might be life there yet. If so, add one componet at a time trouble shoot as you rebuild it.

Take your time and have another go at it. If you've done so already, kindly disregard this.

gl :)

Well I did a whole tare down and I got it all back together and it booted right up, so I am guessing I must of just had a bad-loose connection some place.

Thanks for the help guys :cool:

I had this problem the other day with an old computer of mine. I replaced the mainboard battery and every thing was fine, try that.
I'm glad to see you got it fixed.

Back