Problems connecting to internet

I have comcast home networking, with a linksys all in one cable modem and router, my entire network is wired and all but one of my computers can connect to the internet. I have called comcast and they came to the conclusion I need to reinstall my ethernet card(I told them I had on-board ethernet and they refused to acknowledge such a thing exists :rolleyes: )

Now the computer that is having issues does this sort of thing once and awhile and usually a system restore fixes this issue right away but not in this case. I don't think the computer is connecting to the router properly, it has a randomly generated IP address instead of a normal assigned one it would obtain from the router. My motherboard is an MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum, I reformatted my computer a week ago and all fresh drivers are installed. The nvidia onboard gigabit is the only one that shows up under network connections, Realtek 8110S does not but it shows up under the device manager, can anyone help me?

And for the purpose of trying to get this to work I now have both onboard ethernet connections plugged into the router.

I would assign a static IP to it as I have had nothing but bad luck trying to track down this type of problem.

I would assign a static IP to it as I have had nothing but bad luck trying to track down this type of problem.

I wouldn't think this would work? What settings do I use?

Also it say virtual private network, I don't know why but that is wrong.

what network devices hooked to your router? are there any hubs on router ports? are there any VOIP devices?

I had the same problem with a device that takes more then 1 ip address from 1 router port(i.e. hub with bunch of stuff on it). Static IP assignation solved this problem.

Back