Problems hit MSI Geforce 6800 Ultra

looks like everyones problem involves a shitty PSU.

*edit* maybe not. but isn't the NX6800-TD128 a non-ultra, non-GT part?

or possably the HSF isn't mounted correctly. some folks were claiming that the HSF is cool to the touch but the back of the card is blazing hot.

I wouldn't get too worked up over a few posts on the Msi forum....notice all those guys only have 2-3 posts so they went there with a problem. Go to the forums for BFG, eVGA, Gainward etc.. and you'll see the same types of posts. People who have no problems rarely post on those types of boards.

tranCendenZ said:
btw, here is a link to the 6800 Ultra bios that fixes the MSI problems:
http://www.mvktech.net/download.php?view.542

To be honest though, *all* brand Ultras were affected by this glitch, some more than others for some reason.

Yeah I saw that after I looked around some more. Just wanted to post this since I has seen a lot of posts here about getting the MSI. While I don't have the MSI 6800, my MSI 9800Pro works really well but I just wanted to share some info that I had founs since I hadn't seen it posted here.

Kirk

Glad I am not an early adopter! I will buy when the first gen of these card has all the kinks worked out! :)

I have been reading these threads on the MSI forums since I have an MSI 5900XT. I hope MSI fixes the situation.

joemama said:
I wouldn't get too worked up over a few posts on the Msi forum....notice all those guys only have 2-3 posts so they went there with a problem. Go to the forums for BFG, eVGA, Gainward etc.. and you'll see the same types of posts. People who have no problems rarely post on those types of boards.
Well, maybe you shouldn't get worked up about it, but I was one of the unlucky bastards who recieved an MSI 6800nu that was DOA - I shipped it back to Newegg yesterday and have an eVGA 6800 GT that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'd avoid the MSI's for now and go with the eVGA or otherwise.

live2sk8 said:
Well, maybe you shouldn't get worked up about it, but I was one of the unlucky bastards who recieved an MSI 6800nu that was DOA - I shipped it back to Newegg yesterday and have an eVGA 6800 GT that is supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'd avoid the MSI's for now and go with the eVGA or otherwise.

it's not hard to sour against a particular manufacturer when you drop so much money down on a card and expect it to work properly, even if it was a 1 in a million chance of it fucking up.

Back