problems launching regedit

jfish

Limp Gawd
heres the error message i receive, anybody have any thoughts?

It should be regedit.exe not regedit.com. The path of regedit is also incorrect. Regedit should be in C:\Windows and not C:\windows\system32

I'd check your PC thoroughly for virus and spyware as c:\windows\system32\regedit.com is highly suspicious.

hm okay, the computer is not more than a few days old. cant imagine what would have caused it.

it only takes a matter of minutes

"new" computers are more likely to get infected because they havent been properly secured not less

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1028783907&postcount=15

however by opening a DOS prompt and copying rededit.exe as regedit.com allows you to run regedit from the start menu and browse the registry path and NTVDM allows a 16-bit DOS program to execute on Windows, but there seems to be an issue with it

what are you trying to run?

just trying to run regedit to begin the process of oc'ing my vid card, its my first time ocing anything so dont laugh at me. im still not sure what im doing yet.

start > run > (type) regedit

have you tried that?

PS best if you shortened your sig to ten lines per the rules before say an administrator saw it :p

yep thats what i typed when i got the above screen. i ran spyware doctor (full version) and it fixed the problems. now im running my vid card at 499mhz/1.18ghz.

btw fixed my sig, never knew there were any rules considering that theyre not shown under posts anyway. thanks for the help.

Ice Czar said:
User CP > Edit Options > Show Signatures :p

haha i tried to find an option to show sigs before, never could. stop embarassing me.

Back