Problems w/ G15 not powering on in BIOS

Grap3S0da

Weaksauce
Hey sup [H] Forum.

I just got the G15 and Im lovin it. However, the keyboard does not power on during BIOS, and does not do so until Windows has booted. This is not good because I need to access BIOS sometimes and can not do so (unless if I use another keyboard..which is what I'm doing currently). I enabled USB Keyboard Support in the Intergrated Peripherals section in the BIOS, but still no luck. Its not just the backlight not powering on..none of the keys work and the keyboard is completely off.

I read something about USB legacy support..however my mobo (Biostar Tforce6100) does not have this feature in the BIOS. Anyone else having this problem? Any help would be appreciated! :p

The lights doon't power on but they keyboard should. I haven't had an issue with it, with either of my boards. The Tforce 6100 or the DFI rs482

Don't know what to tell you. Mine and my brothers G15's go in to the BIOS fine on our Asus boards.
I did have one mobo that wouldn't activate the USB till windows booted up so I had a PS/2 keyboard attached to it and just slid it back under the desk.

Maybe you could mod/hack a ps/2 keyboard and wire up a button to activate the DEL key, maybe mount the button on the case or something.

my Saitek Gamers Keyboard worked fine with accessing bios, then one day something went wrong with the firmware and I haevnt been able to access the bios since (Ive tried fixing it and failed.)

my Saitek Gamers Keyboard worked fine with accessing bios, then one day something went wrong with the firmware and I haevnt been able to access the bios since (Ive tried fixing it and failed.. . )

Im using an Asus A8n-Sli Deluxe, dunno if its the same problem.

The lights doon't power on but they keyboard should. I haven't had an issue with it, with either of my boards. The Tforce 6100 or the DFI rs482

Yea some other people were saying this to but the keys on mine do not work. Perhaps there is a problem with my USB ports because 2 of the 4 ports do not work at all with any USB peripheral (I installed drivers properly..but I remember one of the USB porst making a spark when I unplugged a cord once) Thanks for the help tho.

Maybe you could mod/hack a ps/2 keyboard and wire up a button to activate the DEL key, maybe mount the button on the case or something.
That would be a good idea WS6 if I wasn't too lazy to do it :p
I guess until I find a solution I can keep a PS/2 keyboard connected. Maybe I'll get a wireless keyboard when I have room for it when I get a new desk..and I can just use the G15 for gaming.

Back