Problems with Battlefield 2

dagon11985

Gawd
Alright.. here is my situation. I played the BF II demo, I liked it so I went out and bought the retail version. I load it up.. everything is cool so far. I play abit in single player mode just to look at some of the maps that werent' in the demo, then I go and download the newest patch. My first attempt to install the patch failed. My computer just sat there... I waited like 30 minutes.. this game wasn't watching. I ctrl + alt + delete and close the patch program. I try to patch it againa and volia, it works. My game is patched. I go to boot it up now and I just get a black screen.

I uninstall then reinstall bf2 and the same thing happens with the patch. Should I unistall bg2 again, and redownload the patch ?

My rig is as follows

1 gig ( of some generic ram... bad, I know. )
BFG 7800 gt oc
3200+ Venice
Asus SLI Deluxe Mobo
Antec 500 watt " Neo Power " Powersupply

Sounds like the refresh rate problem.

BF2 tries to initially run at 800x600 @60hz. - Set your windows refresh rate down there to match it, launch the game, change it to a better refresh rate /resolution in game. You can then pop out of windows and change your windows refresh rate back. Should be able to load it just fine after that.

Back