Problems with Bioshock

okayplayer

Weaksauce
I recently upgraded to an 8800 GTX. All my games play nice with it except for Bioshock. I am running a 22" 226BW, and I when I started up the game it would be set at 1024x768. Whenever I tried to change any of the graphic settings, including resolution, the game would minimize itself and kick me back to my desktop, and I wouldn't be able to get back in.

I am running dual monitors, so this morning I fired it up on my 17" and was able to change the resolution to 1280x1024 (native of the 17, naturally), however although I had NOT selected "windowed mode", the actual game only filled up 3/4 of the screen and I could see my desktop in the other area. It did look noticeably sharper, but wtf?

Now whenever I try and load up the game, it seems to get stuck at the very first screen of disclaimers. I have tried re-installing the game and all kinds of drivers (currently using 173's, I believe).

System:
E6400 @ 2.66ghz
2x1 GB mushkin
Asus P5B deluxe
Evga 8800 GTX
Silverstone Strider 750W

what gives?

Hmm...I've never had any problems like that and I've played through the game twice, plus I'm running two monitors as well. Have you tried setting you computer to single-display mode? Just a thought, maybe it doesn't like your dual displays. Try the patch as well, it fixed alot of issues so maybe it'll help you out.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I have tried disabling 1 monitor, still no joy. Doesn't work on either...
The game automatically downloaded and installed the patch after I re-installed... seems like I'm going to have to call their support team who probably won't have any idea how to fix it..

any other suggestions are more than welcome!

Back