Problems with Lian Li PC-V1200 PLUS II - Motherboard Plate stripped

computerinfo

Limp Gawd
When I installed my motherboard into the case I noticed that the pegs did not screw into the case very easily. I was able to get them all in though.

I just had the replace my motherboard and when I unscrewed the motherboard, almost all of the pegs became stripped in the case. I now have a case with a multiple stripped holes.

How do contact Lian Li to have them fix this. The threading in the case was obviously drilled poorly. Is this common. I thought this was supposed to be a quality case.

Do they hve a direct US number.

Also, my case did not come with any dust protection. I thought that should have been included.

You used the wrong standoffs and screws, I'm almost certain. Lian Li cases are metric threaded. This wasn't their fault, you did not follow directions and use the proper hardware.

I used the screws that came in the Box.

I did nothing wrong.

How do i contact Lian li - There is not contact phone or email on their website. If you try to send a message via their website it requires an "Auth Code"

I had one screw strip out on my rocketfish, not sure how but it was just 1 hole.

I've built atleast 10 LianLi's and that was the only time I stripped out a standoff hole.

I have a feeling you weren't too careful... =/

Pick up a set of taps and retap it. The taps will come in handy for future projects too, so it's not much of a loss :)

Correct. Pick up a 6-32 tap from Home Depot, and use some similarly sized (5mm) standoffs from another case. Almost all brass standoffs are 6-32, and should screw in perfectly.

LianLi support here is... Eh, gonna cost you a bit of shipping, unfortunately.

It very much seems that you got the wrong screws, as proper ones should never do that.

No, they were very tough to thread in, in some of my cases, but they were the right threading...

Might be the plating they put on the standoffs or something that messes with the tolerances a bit.

Either way, I know where he's coming from, but still you have to be careless to strip out that many holes.

Never had a problem with my V2000B, and I have replaced the mobo many times. I think you might have overtightened them or used the wrong screws.

I used the screws that came in the Box.

I did nothing wrong.

How do i contact Lian li - There is not contact phone or email on their website. If you try to send a message via their website it requires an "Auth Code"

And what's so hard in typing in the auth code?

Anyways good luck getting them to replace it. Sometimes their support is nonexistent.

lianli.gif

I can build computers, but I can't find a fricken Auth code. I must be an idiot.

Thanks, I feel like a real fool now.

Lastly, where can I get a filter for each of my two case fans. The case sure sucks in a lot of dust.

When I installed my motherboard into the case I noticed that the pegs did not screw into the case very easily. I was able to get them all in though.

I just had the replace my motherboard and when I unscrewed the motherboard, almost all of the pegs became stripped in the case. I now have a case with a multiple stripped holes.

How do contact Lian Li to have them fix this. The threading in the case was obviously drilled poorly. Is this common. I thought this was supposed to be a quality case.

Do they hve a direct US number.

Also, my case did not come with any dust protection. I thought that should have been included.

I've had a ton of Lian Li cases and never had that issue. I screw the standoffs in by hand tighten lightly with the supplied tool. Motherboard screws are lightly tightened. The standoffs should not come off the board when the motherboard screws are pulled out. Remember you are screwing a steel standoff (hard) into a aluminum motherboard tray (soft).

My new Lian-Li also came with defective standoffs. They're M3 and screw into the mobo tray just fine. BUT they're NOT threaded all the way to the barrel, so as you tighten them they destroy the threads in the alum mobo tray. Lian-li has no 800 number, I tried the "contact us" on their website but they do not respond. I can't find replacements, they're unusual M3xM3 with 9-9.5mm barrel, and I'm really not interested in buying a new alum tray to replace the one that self-destructed. So at this point I have a very expensive case that is useless. It has a nice shiny finish though.

Back