clarknova

n00b
Hey all,

I recently put together a Qpack Rig with the following specs

AMD64 X2 4400
Antec NeoHE 550 PSU
2GB OCZ Performance Ram
WD Raptor 74gb drive

The problem Im having is with the video card. I first purchased an eVGA 7800 N517 which when I first built the system worked sort of but it would lock up and get bad artifacts. I read about all the problems with that card in regards to the BIOS so I upgraded the bios and it would work but even then I had to underclock it to run and now it doesnt even boot up with the card. I RMA'd the N517 and purchased and eVGA 7800 N516 instead. The N516 does not boot up at all either.
With just the onboard video the system boots up fine.
I dont know what the problem is. Could 2 vid cards from NewEgg come bad? Could the PCI-E slot on the motherboard be bad? I dont know what to replace here and do not have another PCI-E card to test out on. I am thinking of sending back the other 7800 card and ordering a 7800 made by another brand and see what happens. Its just become a major pain in the arse. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

That powersupply has had allot of problems, try another one and see if it works.

Dillusion said:
That powersupply has had allot of problems, try another one and see if it works.

Wow you're right. I put back the stock Qpack PSU and everything works fine. Never would have though this ANTEC NeoHE would be the problem. Gonna go RMA it with newegg.
You have any suggestions of which PSU to go with instead that would fit well in the Qpack?

Had a problem with my Qpack and the NeoHE 550. I RMA'd the NeoHE and bought the Truepower II 550 and it works like a champ. :cool:

What's wrong with the stock QPack PSU? Why dont you just keep using that?

darktiger said:
What's wrong with the stock QPack PSU? Why dont you just keep using that?

According to everyone on here the stock Qpack PSU is horribly unreliable.
I wouldnt "feel" good running that PSU with a x2 4440 CPU and a 7800 GPU.

I haven't had any issues with the stock supply (other than my video card cathcing fire...hardly blame that one on the PS). Of course I'm only running a 3200+ and a 6600GT on it.

Before I got my TPII 550, I was running with the stock PSU. I could not Prime for more than 3 hours stable. After upgrading I ran Prime Dual Core stable for 18 hours.

cc2096 said:
Before I got my TPII 550, I was running with the stock PSU. I could not Prime for more than 3 hours stable. After upgrading I ran Prime Dual Core stable for 18 hours.

Prime? Whats that?

Prime95 is a burn-in program used to test the stability of a PC. If you want more info, google Prime95 or look in the overclocking forum here on [H].

Back