Product Demonstration Of The Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Home Shopping Network knows how to sell a pack of worthless add-on accessories like no one else but I’m not sure smashing the TV (ffwd to 5:00) is going to move a lot of units. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

images

That's hilarious, I especially like how he tried to stand in front of the break marks on the TV after it happened as if people wouldn't notice it that way... hahahaha.... very nice!

You know I had practically the same when we bought our Wii and although it seemed like it might add an extra dimension to the games. After noticing how poorly they attach to the base, I threw the whole set in the trash.

There are some pretty classic home shopping network videos. The ladder and the sword vids are good stuff. :p

My favorite part (after he breaks the TV) was the classic:

"we don't even give you a fishing game!...but we do give you the fishing rod...so when you upgrade....you'll be ready!"

LMAO I can't stop rewinding it and watching it again, and again, and again!!!

I can't control the laughter!! ROFLLL

The tennis racket didnt slide off, it broke off. When you see him show the remote with the wrist band, you can still see the outer shell of the broken racket around the wiimote.

Well, that was a Wii bit of a mistake LOL

Anyone else notice the producer must have told him to keep the broken screen area blocked with his body? You never saw it again afterwards :)

Haha did he really think that by blocking the camera, people wouldn't notice the smashed TV panel? :rolleyes:

We already know that those Wii accessories are crap and that HSN people are tools, so nothing new revealed on that front. This actually leaves me a little concerned with the durability of that TV more than anything. Not that I would go chucking a big broken piece of plastic at my TV to see if it holds up, but you would think they would have some kind of shock resistance built in to withstand that hit it took.

Of course this is HSN, so that TV was probably the cheapest/pertiest one they could find.

Need to fucking buy a piece of 1/4" acrylic or something and make a panel to go infront of your tv for that god damn Wii!

No one noticed on how hard he was swinging all the time? He was acting like he really had a tennis racket in his hand.

It happens, a friend at work went to their friends house for dinner and ended up playing wii after. 4 people playing tennis, the lady told her husband to secure his wrist starp and not two minutes later he slipped and threw the remote into the middle of their brand new 52" LCD....bye bye TV.

We already know that those Wii accessories are crap and that HSN people are tools, so nothing new revealed on that front. This actually leaves me a little concerned with the durability of that TV more than anything. Not that I would go chucking a big broken piece of plastic at my TV to see if it holds up, but you would think they would have some kind of shock resistance built in to withstand that hit it took.

Of course this is HSN, so that TV was probably the cheapest/pertiest one they could find.

No LCDs have any protection unless they have a protective sheet over the screen. You have just bare panel with an anti-glare coating on it usually. Don't believe me? push on your monitor or tv lightly with your fingernail. You could thump the thing hard with one finger and break it.

This happens way more then people without Wii's realize with flat panel tv's. I made a "protective" screen for my sister's kids out of some plexiglass from home depot and just a quick/temp frame out of some lumber. It easily moves out of the way and works very well protecting the screen. It's been tested thanks to the wii's "safety strap" breaking and the controller flying into it earlier this summer.

I loved how he tried to block us from seeing the broken screen. haha...

Also, the chick was LOL'ing as hard as we are. The guy just tried to ignore it other than the strap comment and she kept bringing more attention to it commenting out "live television".

It happens, a friend at work went to their friends house for dinner and ended up playing wii after. 4 people playing tennis, the lady told her husband to secure his wrist starp and not two minutes later he slipped and threw the remote into the middle of their brand new 52" LCD....bye bye TV.

Poor guy, he will never hear the end of that.

The thing is, the racket broke because he was swinging the thing at the tv when he was three inches from it. Him hitting the tv is what broke the racket, not the accessory breaking and hitting the tv.

$329.90 for a $199.99 system with a bunch of worthless accessories is the really unbelievable thing here. Ironically if he was using the rubber cover that comes with it instead of the TV breaking accessory he is trying to sell the TV would be fine.

Ah yes, the Sword and Knife Collectors show, those bring back late night memories (of terror). HSN, I hate the network, but my mother loves it.

Sweet ! LOL !!!!
I always wondered what would happen if you smashed an LCD television like that.
Oh, and I will not buy those accessories!! LOL !

Thanks and see you out there Loki Sunrider

Yeah, that guy caused all the damage, not a loose accessory. He was too close and swung at the screen and smashed the racket into the screen, you can see how more damage is at the bottom where it got more of the impact. I still would not buy those accessories since they are probably not official nintendo and wouldn't even if it was.

All LCD screens come with no protection, just a bare panel that is just waiting for negligent kids/folks to smash. About a year ago I had a customer that get upset at the manufacturer and wanted the manufacturer to replace the screen when her kids broke the TV and still have the TV on a payment plan!!

Gotta be careful even with some of the new Plasma TV's, some of the newer Samsung models don't have the glass in front of it any more for weight savings, Those break easy as well!

Man those accessories are overpriced pieces of crap!

The only one really needed is the steering wheel, and those usually come with the game that needs it.

Back