Product Review of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
I don’t care what the product is, when you sum things up by saying it is like peanut butter cups topped with blow jobs, I’m buying one.

I really can't tell you frantically enough how magically the Super AMOLED screen complements Windows Phone 7's interface. It's like dark chocolate peanut butter cups topped with blowjobs.

I thought this was going to be the Avatar product. I'm disappointed :(.

I'm in the process of deciding on a new phone now that my iPhone3G contract has been up for a while. Over the past week or so, I did some looking at the Mobile Phone forum here and read bunches of reviews of the HTC Aria and Samsung Captivate and previews of these spanky new Windows 7 Phones. It didn't take long while reading reviews that the Captivate was far better than the Aria.

However, not once in a review did I see any mention of the Captivate suffering from random shut down issues nor the total lack of reliable sync software. A couple of days ago I snagged a Captivate...over the period of 48 hours the phone randomly shut down no less than 6 times. The first couple of times it happened,I thought I managed to hit some weird button combination to shut it off....turns out that is not the case. Upon doing a little bit more research on android and at&t forums, it turns out this is a major issue. The only knows sure resolution...take it back and get a new one. So I did and this one seems to be fine. I love the phone, it's much nicer than the 3G is/was, however, I expect it to stay on....and ring. Maybe HardOCP should add a phones review section...the hardware inside could warrant it.

In any event, I'll be within my 30-day exchange period when the Surround and Focus hit on Nov. 8. I'll be checking them both out. I'm somewhat suspect of the Captivate's reliability now.

^It's funny but sites like engadgnet hardly ever pick up on phone's deficiencies. I for one would appreciate an organization that tested the shit out of the tested phones. I picked up a Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S), and had GPS issues from day 1, though thankfully is now fixed.

^It's funny but sites like engadgnet hardly ever pick up on phone's deficiencies. I for one would appreciate an organization that tested the shit out of the tested phones. I picked up a Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S), and had GPS issues from day 1, though thankfully is now fixed.

Tested does a fairly good job usually. A lot better than most other sites at least.

sorry, I can't even look at words like that without my BS filters kicking in hard, and even if I was in the market for another phone platform I would have to fact check this twice as much before drinking any Koolaide.

who knows, it may be as astoundingly wonderful as they say but just that level of hyperbole just makes my eyes glaze.

steve that was genius.

takes me back to something Billy "Wicked" Wilson would have said.

Back