Prof. Dr. Fritz Sennheiser Dies

HardOCP News

[H] News
Audiophiles around the world are mourning the loss of Prof. Dr. Fritz Sennheiser. The audio pioneer passed away just days after his 98th birthday. Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

Late during the evening of 17 May 2010, only a few days after his 98th birthday, Prof. Dr.-Ing. Fritz Sennheiser, audio pioneer and founder of today’s Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG, passed away. The audio industry has lost a huge figure, not only in terms of his technical expertise but also in terms of his humanity.

Ah man, I JUST threw away a pair of Sennheiser headphones like last week. :(

The mic was damaged beyond repair and the circuitry in the in-line volume control was FUBAR'd too.

Ah man, I JUST threw away a pair of Sennheiser headphones like last week. :(

The mic was damaged beyond repair and the circuitry in the in-line volume control was FUBAR'd too.

Sorry to hear that your headphones went on the Fritz (died). :D

2312134006_397bab4d1e.jpg

Sorry to hear that your headphones went on the Fritz (died). :D

Just wow.

Sorry to hear the guy passed away... didn't like the sound some of their headphones produced but I did like the comfortability and design.

darth vader : NOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOooooooooo

srs ive never heard of this guy

darth vader : NOOOOOOooooooooooOOOOooooooooo

srs ive never heard of this guy

I'm deaf and even I've heard of Sennheiser headphones.

Regardless, a little more respect for the dead goes a long ways.

You'll be missed Dr. Sennheiser.

They have a large product line with varying properties, so yeah I bet you wouldnt like some of them. Sadly I accidentally broke my EH2270's just a couple of months ago. I had those suckers for over 10 years, quality stuff.

me and my HD555's feel bad about this, we will have to comfort each other and try to move on.

I've had a set of HD570s for what must be going on 12 or 13 years now. They've been dropped, stepped on, and abused in all sorts of terrible ways, but have never, ever skipped a beat. They make most other headphones I've used sound like absolute rubbish, and I picked them up for cheap on Ubid. Remember actually getting stuff cheaply there? Yeah, it was that long ago.

My dad still has a set of reference headphones from them, too. They're fantastic. And still, over 10 years old.

Making it to 98, the Professor definitely had a good run.

Sorry to hear it. At least he got to rock his 98th B-Day party!

Still have my HD 280 Pros, since 04, hell, 3 of my friends have the same set, and we all still use them. Best 100$ I ever spent.

Back