finalUSB08.jpg

finalLED01.jpg

finalLED02.jpg

finalLED03.jpg

finalpaintmask01.jpg

finalpaintmask02.jpg

finalpaintmask03.jpg

more later

Saw it in person earlier. Great work. Would liked to have seen it in the light too. That keyboard was bright as heck. Soooo many people had the G15. Makes me want to mod the heck out of more of them. I was also surprised at how many people had 24" screens. Sheesh, my poor 20" is lacking.

You got me tempted to bring the batman case on saturday morning to pdxlan but I feel ashamed because it has no hardware inside :D Ah well, maybe next time I'll bring some competition for ya.

oh, its done, I just havent uploaded all the pics yet.

More later this morning, I still have to resize and upload to photobucket.

Holy close ups! that camera takes amazing close ups... looks awesome btw. Looking forward to the final pics :D

thanks all...really been getting a great reaction to it here at PDXLAN.

Still hopeful in the Mod Contest tomorrow.

and now, on to more:

finalg15LED01.jpg

finalg15LED02.jpg

finalg15LED03.jpg

finalg15LED04.jpg

finalg15LED05.jpg

finalg15LED06.jpg

finalg15LED05-1.jpg

finalg15paint01.jpg

finalg15paint02.jpg

finalg15paint03.jpg

finalg15lockLED01.jpg

finalLED03.jpg

finalmousepaint01.jpg

finalmousepaint02.jpg

More pics:
one of the key touches was to customize the tubing unlike anything I had seen before, so I measured, cut, did a dry install for length, and then made a rig to hold it--
tubingpaint01.jpg

tubingpaint02.jpg

tubingpaint03.jpg

Voila! Metallic Red tubing.

I also prepped the rest of the case for a clear red coat by sanding with 2000 and 2500 grit on the anodized black aluminum to give it a nice smooth surface--
casepaint01.jpg

casepaint02.jpg

and then I could move on to installation--
installation01.jpg

installation02.jpg

installation03.jpg

I also prepped up some replacement labels for all the fans--
fandisks01.jpg

fandisks02.jpg

fandisks03.jpg

and then continued with my installation since getting at those parts again is nigh-impossible without draining the entire system--
installation04.jpg

installation05.jpg

finalretractor02.jpg

more to come, back to uploading stuff.

thanks a lot. Really pleased with the response all around!

More:
finalfaceplate01.jpg

nice flash view to show the red reaction to off-axis lighting.

radiatorgrill05.jpg

radiatorgrill06.jpg

radiatorgrill07.jpg

radiatorgrill08.jpg

installing the Radiator grills, just using little globs of clear silicone.

finalfaceplate02.jpg

a low light shot of the front...it really looks dead black until the light hits it strongly.

finalradiatorfans02.jpg

Rad fans with the lights out...it only glows when you look directly into the radiator fins.

finalhardware01.jpg

side behind the Globes with the XFi sliding in next to the GX2, hold my Tline in place nicely.

finalg15switch01.jpg

finalg15switch02.jpg

finalg15switch03.jpg

final work on the Switch for the LED snake lights...a little solder, a little black paint, and fini!

finalg15ELcable01.jpg

final glue in for the EL wire USB cable. I will have to redo this since I stupidly forgot to unplug it from the PC and the metal USB-A end got torqued too hard. Simple to resolder after I take the G15 apart again (only about the 12th time now :) ).

And now...the assembly shots themselves:
Qmicra-Two-Tone.gif

shelldark01.jpg

sidedark01.jpg

isolight01.jpg

sidelight01.jpg

letteringdark01.jpg

letteringclose01.jpg

G-15-day-and-night.gif

Your modding is so thorough you should work in a place like Voodoo or Falcon NW.

I hate your skills :p

Amazing job... :)

If there ever was a machine that could use one of those Raptor X hard drives for the looks, this is it. That would look amazingly smooth in there (not that it doesn't look amazing already).

yah, I didn't go Raptor due to power and noise...I am already pushing a 3.4 to 4.33 and overclocking a 7950GX2.

I can get clear tops for normal harddrives from a sponsor of mine, but not sure if I want to risk total system failure for a clear harddrive. :)

But...just maybe...before the final shots...I have some other little changes to do when my replacement mobo gets here anyway.

Truely awsome work!! As far as the drive, just remove the label and paint it...

Wow, VERY VERY nice job. Glad to see this project has been completed.

thank you guys...just working on clocking up my Conroe. Up from 2.13 to 2.68 so far. Still working it.

Back