Project BlueZilla by AVAdirect

Just so everyone sees how it turned out, here's afew pics from the shop at Ava
143474167-L.jpg

145427118-L.jpg

that is alot of really big tubing. looks awesome.and im sure it is super fast.
nicee...:D

yeah that sucks it was damaged in shipping, with all that water cooling though it doesn't surprise me that much

so you didn't try to overclock?
i'm thinking of getting the same ram (4gb) on the same mobo, but i was wondering how far it would OC.

Everything looks just perfect except the handles.
They look somewhat too simple and not very matching IMHO.
MNPC offers some nice handles. May be you should look into that.
Overall, one of the best systems I've ever seen! ;)

Is that window custom or can you buy a side panel with that window for the right side?

Everything looks just perfect except the handles.
They look somewhat too simple and not very matching IMHO.
MNPC offers some nice handles. May be you should look into that.
Overall, one of the best systems I've ever seen! ;)

Well I beg to differ. Those handles are made by Silverstone and match the finish and style of the case perfectly. Not to mention they are very functional - I was able to lift the entire rig (all 90 lbs. of it) from the shipping box without any flexing.

When do you expect it to come back to you???? That thing is very cool to look at.:D

I assume it was shipped on a pallet????

Did it even boot when you received it????

Its a shame it got dinged, I hope for your sake you just dont end up with a really expensive water-cooled night light.

When do you expect it to come back to you???? That thing is very cool to look at.:D

I assume it was shipped on a pallet????

Did it even boot when you received it????

Its a shame it got dinged, I hope for your sake you just dont end up with a really expensive water-cooled night light.

Expect it back in a couple of weeks, waiting on replacement parts. It was shipped on a pallet, but there's no guarantee it will protect everything.

It didn't boot properly at first, so I reseated the ram sticks, and that got it going initially, but there were repeated BSOD's.

Ava will make it right.

that sucks. i sure hope that doesnt happen when i order my system. either way im sure ava direct will make it right...no worries

That smiley is a proponent of Murphys law. DAMN YOU FROWNING SMILEY!!!!!!

Sucks that it got effed up in shipping :(

any word on your system stevo.k ? ?

Koolance you can order handles from performance-pcs.com...any color you want. i like the ones he has, they are rounded looking like the case so it matches well.

Stevo

Have you got your system back yet? How did it go with getting it fixed? Did they make you happy?

Done like dinner. There were some stability issues that went unresolved for too long. I moved back to Canada in the meantime so I didn't want to deal with cross border shipping issues. They ended up keeping the machine and I got some of my money back.
Just got a Blackbird a couple of days ago.

Done like dinner. There were some stability issues that went unresolved for too long. I moved back to Canada in the meantime so I didn't want to deal with cross border shipping issues. They ended up keeping the machine and I got some of my money back.
Just got a Blackbird a couple of days ago.

Damn dude, that sucks.

Stevo, can't believe no one jumped on your Blackbird comment. I love the look of it myself and would love to hear from an actual user how well it performs. Did you go with Crossfire or Nvidia? How is the performance? Have you had to speak with anyone in tech or customer service? I sure wish [H] could have done a review! I'm still way thrilled with my current OPC but if I were forced to buy a new system right now, Blackbird is at the top of the list. Can you elaborate? Pics for a curious girl?

They ended up keeping the machine and I got some of my money back.

stevo.k:

Were you happy with the amount of money you got back? Were you able to buy a comparable system with the cash? I know the HP has a lot of options....

Stevo, can't believe no one jumped on your Blackbird comment. I love the look of it myself and would love to hear from an actual user how well it performs. Did you go with Crossfire or Nvidia? How is the performance? Have you had to speak with anyone in tech or customer service? I sure wish [H] could have done a review! I'm still way thrilled with my current OPC but if I were forced to buy a new system right now, Blackbird is at the top of the list. Can you elaborate? Pics for a curious girl?

See my reply in the Blackbird thread in this forum

Back