Project: First Mod

Why are the fans on "Y" connectors? Your videocard is should be plugged into itself instead of a y connector. The fan at the back of the case should be plugged into the motherboard behind the keyboard and mouse. The cpu fan should be plugged in to the motherboard right next to the 4 pin aux-power connector.
Put any extra wires in the cd-rom bays eithor above or below the cd-rom that is there. Zip tie them in place. Use split cable loom to hide the white whires.

Thanks for all the helpful wire management advice! working on it right now.

The reason why the vid card fan is not connected to the vid card is because I had to buy a new fan for it. The 2 pin plug on the new fan does not fit the 2 pin socket on the card. This is not a problem anymore however, because I just cut the plastic around the socket on the card so that only the 2 pins stick out.

I did some research on Bestec power supplies and they do have a bad reputation. However, much of it is because of the model in emachine computers that would kill the mobo. The model (atx-250-12z Rev: D2) that I have should be fine. But it's probably a good idea to switch it out. That Thermaltake seems like a really good buy. It would be awesome to get more input on this issue.

make a thread in the ps section if you want more input-show a picture of your computer with all of the componets showing.

that was a cool mod. if your gonnna keep that pc for a while i would definately get a better psu. if not i wouldnt worry to much about it. live on the edge remember? ha ha

Back