Project murderbox: USA Workshop

BlueAqua

Gawd
This thread will comprise of not just one build but a continuous log updated with pictures for your viewing enjoyment. Thanks FLECOM and HardForum for your support.

I am extremely proud to start this worklog and make murderbox USA official. With the graciousness of Charles and Nils they have welcomed me into being a part of their crazy family. With the support of many of you this has become a reality for me and I'm very thankful to all who have made this possible.

This will be the buildlog for a true fully custom murderbox made in the USA. The best part about this process has been working with some of the individuals that have come to us and getting to know very enthusiastic people worldwide. The recipient of this build has been very enjoyable to talk to and I can't say enough on how much I appreciate him coming to us.

This build is for you Jeremiah. :)

Charles has prepped the case and it's now in my hands. I have all of the parts ready to go and the build is in motion. It will be a nonstop build filled with photos and brief commentary. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

More updates on the way.

Last edited:
It's the same as saying ASAP, but in medical settings.

Commonly referred to as Sooner Than Already There. Another explanation is the Latin word statim, or immediately.

Can't wait for the build, but the last pic just made this post seem like a commercial..I dunno...you thank the [H] and pitch murder then cut out by posting a drama teaser shot?

I mean what modder sets up a photoshoot like this???

1 answer...one that is AWESOMEEEEEE

On a sidenote, I've followed several of your builds and it sounds like they are getting you great attention and its well deserved. All of your builds are always top notch and your pics are pro quality which really help a log out. Congrats on your accomplishments!

had to give you hell about the commercial, you knew that was coming

nate

please dont drill it!!!
if u r planning to drill it, then might as well give it to me! :D

murderMod ftw!

Because he was just setting up a photoshoot to lure all of us in to this commercial for the murderbox

There should be a filter, like a DVR for threads, to skip all the commercials (pics/words) so you can just jump into the gooey center of the actual log.

zinnggggg! ;)

nate

Ha ha, thanks guys for the honest comments. There was no drill bit in that cheesy picture because I modded this Dewalt to use lasers instead of drill bits. ;)

I've been working diligently while being extremely careful and thorough. Being that this is a murderbox I have to ensure everything perfect.

The case has been drilled, Hammond rad boxes have been mounted and is ready for radiator installation. I also did a bunch of the wiring and will have a lot more done by tomorrow.

Here is the first shot of the murderbox faceplate.. in the flesh.

IMG_3902.jpg

Front Hammond box installed over power switch and LED area, and the cables have been sleeved.

IMG_3871.jpg

Warning: Don't look into laser with remaining eye.

Looking good :)

@Logan321
HAHAHAH!!! AWESOME PICTURE DUDE!!! NICE MOD THERE!!! LOLOLOLOL

@BlueAqua
looking forward for more pic this week!

Ha ha, nice edit Logan. ;) Believe it or not that's exactly what it looks like. :eek:

Thanks for the comments guys.

These shots are all taken with a Canon 30D DSLR.

The holes have been drilled, the radiator and pump have been installed and the lower section is all done.

Last edited:
Blueaqua: Very good documentation of highest-quality work. Looks very good and precise (no wonder with your NASA hand laser tool). Having a murderbox faceplate must be a great feeling - extremly rare and something I still need to experience one day. Keep it up and more :)

@Logan321: One of the funniest things I have seen in a long time - better than best :p

Excellent pics but more importantly, excellent work!

That case is already sick as is, can't wait to see what it looks like afterward. Also, what's going to be inside the case?

After seeing all the teaser shots and the one on Million-dollar-pc I'm very excited to see a behind the scenes on one of these machines, very well done, very tasteful.

It's kind of a big step in a worklog but Jeremiah's machine is all done. I should have more photos coming soon.

Kirk_IMG_4045.jpg

wait already? ok this worklog had become very... premature? cant wait to see some awesome pcs, but wish there was more reading material in this one. :(

So i was checking out the website and I must say that their gallery is incredible... I then went to look at the prices and thought WTF... For 6k CAD it better be minimum i7 ddr3 boards with 12 gigs. Its like you are paying 2.5 k for a case and water cooling (on top of boutique prices)

So i was checking out the website and I must say that their gallery is incredible... I then went to look at the prices and thought WTF... For 6k CAD it better be minimum i7 ddr3 boards with 12 gigs. Its like you are paying 2.5 k for a case and water cooling (on top of boutique prices)

Our website is currently being rebuilt and updated. That page was created some time ago and if you notice there hasn't been a non i7 murderbox in a long time. Every machine is completely custom to the customer's request. Keep in mind computer parts prices have fallen quite a bit in the past year and a half.

what? This is done already and only 1 pic of the final build? I remember reading this 'This thread will comprise of not just one build but a continuous log updated with pictures for your viewing enjoyment" and thinking ok cool, he is dropping the murderbox name, and now we will see what the Aqua dude can do to make it a CUSTOM murderbox.

Did you even use that drill? The 1 pic you posted looks like you just assembled a murderbox pc for a US customer.

I never thought I'd give a mod-gawd like yourself a thumbs down, but i'm giving it 2 for lack of pics and for crushing everyones suspense with a "worklog" only containing 1 pic.

Nate

Hey Nate,

Not meaning to speak for Kirk but perhaps while intending to document the process, he was simply engrossed in the process. Building totally custom machines for waiting customers is quite different than building for oneself. Possibly, Kirk was so focused on getting the build done perfect, and in a timely manner, he lost sight of the worklog part. Keep in mind that this is Kirk’s first murderbox build and there was a lot of pressure on him to get it right (I know because t’was I that applied that pressure ;)). For what it’s worth, I’m very proud of Kirk and think he did an outstanding job. While there was no worklog for this build, he’s got more to do and if people are still interested, perhaps he’ll produce a more detailed worklog for one of them. :)

he also did say there would be more pics coming soon. i for one am looking forward to them, so try not to alienate the guy completely.

I must say, I'm also looking forward to more pics (they don't even need to be as well presented as those above :cool:).
I would also love to see more on that reservoir given I'm investigating watercooling parts atm

This worklog has more about periodically showing the builds that I'm doing and some pictures along the way. I've transitioned from building for myself to building for a fellow enthusiast and it's been a fantastic challenge. As the projects continue I'm sure there will be plenty more images.

I've really focused my efforts on making Jeremiah's build just like he wanted and with that in mind the entire time.

When Jeremiah came to us he knew he wanted a murderbox from the beginning but didn't think it was possible to get in the USA. He really came to us at the perfect time and became the first murderbox owner in the US.

I now present the final build pictures.

Kirk_IMG_4199.jpg

Kirk_IMG_4244.jpg

Kirk_IMG_4255.jpg

Kirk_IMG_4297.jpg

Kirk_IMG_4395.jpg

If you're wondering about the specifications here they are:

Intel Core i7 965 Extreme Edition
Asus Rampage II Extreme X58
Corsair Dominator PC12800 6GB
Diamond 4870x2
Corsair HX1000 PSU
Two WD Raptors in Raid 0
One Seagate 5gb storage drive

Water Cooling gear:
Swiftech NB-MAX
Feser 120.3
Swiftech D5
Ek V2 Pump top
Tubing 3/8"ID 5/8"OD DD-TFC
Aquaero Lite (stealthed)
Cpu Block - AC DI HD
Reservoir, Ek Multi-Option 250+murderMod Res Mounts
Lots of BP Fittings
Ek 4870X2 Nickel with acrylic top
3 S-Flex G fans

The entire machine has been shipped today to it's well deserving owner. I really became attached to this and it was a sad day to see it go.

Time for a drink. Cheers Jeremiah.

Last edited:
Back