Project: Overkill

seniorpaul

Limp Gawd
This weekend i'm finnaly going to have a chance to get to work on a series of projects, and since i think (hopefully) that some of you may find them interesting, i thought that i would start a worklog.

the "main" project is going to be an external enclosure for my watercooling setup. The enclose is going to roughly the same size as my P180 so that they can sit side by side. I'm going to be running dual loops, so the enclosure will holding 2 rads, 2 pumps, 1 0r 2 res (may go one t-line)and it's own PSU. For reference, and not necessarily in order:

Loop 1: D5 > Thermochill PA120.3 w/ six Yate Loon 120 fans (push/pull configuration with custom made shrouds) > Storm > EK DFI chipset Waterblock > res/t-line > pump​
Loop 2: D5 > Thermochill PA120.3 w/ six Yate Loon 120 fans (push/pull configuration with custom made shrouds) > Maze4 GPU1 > Maze4 GPU2 > res/ t-line > pump​

The "secondary" project is going to be a desktop control box. It will house a 6" LCD panel (can be used to display system information, iTunes playlists, etc....more on this in a second), a Fan controller (as there's going to be a TON of Yate Loons), a CMOS reset switch( hasn't been needed lately, but when messing with the DFI boards, i hate trying to get to it on the MOBO, and a Ipod docking station. Here's the deal with the LCD screen. I bought it a while back, before i went SLI, with the intention of mounting it on the front of my p180 (in a drive bay), however, since dual screen isn't supported with an SLI configuration, at least not yet, I'm going to have to disable SLI when i want to use it. Kinda sucks, but i'm hoping that somewhere down the road, SLI drivers will support multiple monitor setups. I tried plugging in a PCI video card to see if that wouold allow me to have three monitors, but SLI basically told me that it woulnd't play nice with an more cards.

the last part of this project is going to be just little things within my P180. First of which is going to be an acrylic "stand" for my 7800's so that they aren't warping downward on the end. Also, i'm going to be making various tube guides to tidy things up.

Here are some pics of the gear:

And here is the work i have done thus far on the Custom Fan Shrouds. The Rad/Fans are just sitting in there at the moment, as i haven't drilled any mounting holes yet, thats why they are crooked. I used sheet metal and aluminum 90degree angles from home depot.

As i get more done, i'll be sure to post more pics and updates.

Back