Project: Pirate Sonata

I've never seen anyone with such a fascination for pirates.

Very nice work though. Dremel experience goes a long way.

I'm sorry I haven't updated this thread in such a long time. Lots of things have been going on, including:

- I finally finished my Honors project. It's titled "Securing RSA Against Known Attacks By Proper Implementation". I got rewarded for my hard work with an A+ :D

- I started my job search, and just returned from an interview an hour ago, and guess what? I got the job! :cool: Hopefully I'll have more dough lying around for my mods now!!

- My VFD died on me a month ago. It was kinda my fault. I sent it back to Noritake and I should get my replacement in a few days' time. I've learned that Noritake is an excellent company to deal with! I'd definately buy from them again if they keep up this level of after-sales service!

- I got 2 chrome case handles sent free from China, which I will be using soon on my case. They look awesome btw, so damn shiny! :eek:

- The blue LED's I ordered from Hong Kong have arrived.

All your replies have motivated me to make more progress on my mod. Some of the things I have planned in the near future include adding case handles, opening a window in the top of my case, adding a fan to the front of the case blowing on the hard drives, and I might even take apart the entire case and paint the insides! We'll see how things go with my job training and work hours. Until then, MOD ON! :D

XtuRmN8r said:
have you tried out liquid mp3 for the equilizer visualization on your vfd? if not, do, and post pics! :D http://liquid-mp3.schijf.org/

Thank you for linking to that program. I will definately give it a shot sometime soon.

Sorry for the lack of updates. I *do* plan on continuing this project sometime this summer. Living in an apartment makes it hard to mod, especially during the winter. :eek:

There should be a warning on this thread for minors.
It's obviously rated aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Very nice job, excellent dremel work on the side and I really like the mesh. My only only critique would maybe be a more consistent colour scheme in lighting, the blue purple, orange is a bit much for my eyes :D

excellent though :)

Peace

R@Mo said:
case069.jpg

Mod looks great man. I got a question though, did you use a orbital polisher or polish the shine out by hand?

Perrupa said:
There should be a warning on this thread for minors.
It's obviously rated aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

Very nice job, excellent dremel work on the side and I really like the mesh. My only only critique would maybe be a more consistent colour scheme in lighting, the blue purple, orange is a bit much for my eyes

LOL thanks! Actually the color fades from blue to purple to red, and looks way better in person. The camera I used wasn't the best. Someday when I find the time to continue working on the case I'll take some nicer pictures with my new camera.

Spectrum42 said:
Mod looks great man. I got a question though, did you use a orbital polisher or polish the shine out by hand?

That was by hand :)

1337m0dd3r said:
looks wonderful : )

Thank you! :)

Back