Project:PURE

Very clean sleeving job, nice work. What do you use to heat the shrink, hair dryer?

Where can I get one of those plug-pin removal tools?

For shrinking the sleeve I use one of these

Picture003.jpg

And you can get the PSU modding kit from here

http://www.chilledpc.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=582

Just a small update,the SATA cables that came with the board were a bit short so I got some 1m ones

Picture009Medium.jpg

So I sleeved these aswell

Picture015Medium.jpg

Heat shrink before

Picture018Medium.jpg

Picture022Medium.jpg

And after

Picture021Medium.jpg

Picture023Medium.jpg

And fitted

Picture055Medium.jpg

I also got the 120mm Machined Billet Computer Fan Grills from MNPCTech

Picture050Medium.jpg

Picture052Medium.jpg

I had planned on powdercoating the surround white,but when I seen them they look really nice so I decided to keep them as they are,here they are fitted

Picture063Medium.jpg

Picture076Medium.jpg

Picture079Medium.jpg

Picture080Medium.jpg

Picture089Medium.jpg

And with the fans running

Picture028Medium.jpg

Picture012Medium.jpg

Picture017Medium.jpg

I think these look much better than the wire grills

Anyway that's all i've got for now,i'm hoping to get all the wiring finished at the weekend.

The chrome for the fan grills is actually a nice touch. I would keep them that way too. The lights bends off them well too when the fans are on, so its worth a keep for sure. Nice work!

purdy lights!

and very nice contrasts with the fan vs covers. Looking sharp.

Damn nice modding.

Subset7, what happened to that 2-pin cable from the PSU? Or is that just the addition to the second PCIe plug?

Also, can you describe how you are going to fill and maintain the reservoirs seeing that the fill caps are under the fan controller and the other reservoir? Just curious.

Third, could you provide a bit of your thought process for tubing the components in the order that you did for loop 1?

Awesome work and dedication to detail. Makes an incredible machine worthy of any asking price.

That looks awesome :cool: very clean lookin rig subset

Thanks Bill :)

The chrome for the fan grills is actually a nice touch. I would keep them that way too. The lights bends off them well too when the fans are on, so its worth a keep for sure. Nice work!

Thanks FrEaKy,you're right they do look better as they are ;)

purdy lights!

and very nice contrasts with the fan vs covers. Looking sharp.

Damn nice modding.

Thanks mercy :)

I can't wait to see this project finished subset7.

I had hoped on get all the wiring finished this weekend but ended up having to go in to work,so that plan went out of the window :(

Subset7, what happened to that 2-pin cable from the PSU? Or is that just the addition to the second PCIe plug?

Also, can you describe how you are going to fill and maintain the reservoirs seeing that the fill caps are under the fan controller and the other reservoir? Just curious.

Third, could you provide a bit of your thought process for tubing the components in the order that you did for loop 1?

Awesome work and dedication to detail. Makes an incredible machine worthy of any asking price.

Aye,that's just the additional two pins off the pci-e connector,it's tucked behind the motherboard tray now,and the reservoirs,I left enough slack on the hoses so as to allow them to be pulled out just enough to reveal the fill ports.With regards to the tubing order,I gave this some thought,the objective was to keep the tubing runs as short as possible and tidy,I tried a few different combinations before I settled for what I have now,hope this helps and thanks,i'm glad you like it :)

Wow O - O

I just realized this mod is still in progress. I nearly fainted after seeing the most recent pics.

Thanks for all the comments guys,they are really appreciated :)

Been a while since I last updated this as I haven't had much time lately,anyway I sleeved the power/reset switches individually
IMG_1046Medium.jpg

IMG_1050Medium.jpg

IMG_1051Medium.jpg

Fitted back in the case
IMG_1054Medium.jpg

I got two of these displays to monitor the water temperature in the two res's

IMG_1063Medium.jpg

These are going in to one of the 5.25" bay covers which i've marked out

IMG_1076Medium.jpg

And after a few cuts with the Dremel

IMG_1096Medium.jpg

IMG_1105Medium.jpg

Before the displays go in I wanted to spray them white,which means dismantling them,to do this you need to cut the retaining slots on one side

IMG_1068Medium.jpg

Cut out with a sharp knife

IMG_1069Medium.jpg

Tha back should just pop open then

IMG_1071Medium.jpg

IMG_1072Medium.jpg

Tha PCB removed

IMG_1073Medium.jpg

Now i'm left with the piece I want to paint

IMG_1074Medium.jpg

Sprayed and clear coated

IMG_1103Medium.jpg

Test fitted in the cover

IMG_1109Medium.jpg

IMG_1113Medium.jpg

Just need to reassemble them now,I hope to get this finished at the weekend that's if the missus doesn't get on my case about doing the garden,it's starting to get a bit wild out there :)

Thanks for all the comments guys,they are really appreciated :)

Been a while since I last updated this as I haven't had much time lately,anyway I sleeved the power/reset switches individually
Just need to reassemble them now,I hope to get this finished at the weekend that's if the missus doesn't get on my case about doing the garden,it's starting to get a bit wild out there :)
That is just a crazy amount of work. I wish I had that kind of patience.

This is looking incredible dude, Im lovin it! :)

looks great! for future reference, you should be able to open tabs like that by pressing the inside with a flat head screwdriver and pulling it open. keep up the good work, garden be damned!

Lookin good!

Thanks Vinnard :)

That is just a crazy amount of work. I wish I had that kind of patience.

I wanted to take my time with this one and get it just as I want it :)

damn. Your work is awesome. It should be in an art gallery.

Thanks Supremacy,much appreciated :)

damn, really nice work... cant wait to see more

Thanks Xyphox,I should have somemore over the weekend :)

This is looking incredible dude, Im lovin it! :)

Thanks FrEaKy :)

looks great! for future reference, you should be able to open tabs like that by pressing the inside with a flat head screwdriver and pulling it open. keep up the good work, garden be damned!

Thanks ekuest,I did try pushing the clips with a screwdriver but there was virtually no movement,the plastic casing started to bend so I was concerned that it might damage the PCB,that was why I ended up cutting the slots :),anyway,I reassembled them and did a quick test just to make sure they were still ok

IMG_1124Medium.jpg

Everything seems fine so i'll solder them up to the sensors in the res's tomorrow.

awesome work man...reminds me of murderbox, which is by far my favorite PC mod, besides probably ORAC3 (lol, that's a whole different can of worms)

awesome work man...reminds me of murderbox, which is by far my favorite PC mod, besides probably ORAC3 (lol, that's a whole different can of worms)

Thanks MurderCityDevil,glad you like it :)

Agree, I like how everything looks nice and clean

Thanks Bill,your awesome grills make all the difference :)

Well this is finished now apart from the lighting,I need a couple of extensions for the CCFL's,so I wont post the final pics untill I get them fitted,but here's a couple of pics of the front with the displays in

IMG_1171Medium.jpg

IMG_1173Medium.jpg

Final pics to follow soon

its shmexy....... yeeeeeeeeeeeeah......

No optical drive in there? You just gonna use USB ones? I really like how clean it looks, especially the front panel. Very good work!

No optical drive in there? You just gonna use USB ones? I really like how clean it looks, especially the front panel. Very good work!

Thanks M0rph3us,there is an optical drive in the bottom 5.25" bay,it's just stealthed a bit :D

Thanks for the comments guys they are appreciated,i've taken a few finished pics and just need to upload them so final update soon :D

Thanks M0rph3us,there is an optical drive in the bottom 5.25" bay,it's just stealthed a bit :D

Thanks for the comments guys they are appreciated,i've taken a few finished pics and just need to upload them so final update soon :D

Looking forward to it :D

I have to give it to you… this is one of the best looking water cooled custom builds ive ever seen. You have done a fantastic job; your attention to detail is very good. I’ve been building systems for over 10 years and this really stood out to me. White on black looks fantastic.

Back