Project Sestren Worklog - World's First Back/Outside Mounted Tri Loop Cube!

Title: Worklog Update
Date: November 01, 2009

Brief: Good evening everyone, work resumes full steam ahead as of right now. As many of you are aware. I did push my time tables back a bit due to the following reasons; I am still in the process of securing parts for Sestren. I am currently waiting for MNPCTech's graciously sorting my last order. And in the meantime I set up my temporary computer, Tower. Which was quite a jump from my previous Pentium 805D. To be completely honest, this Q9550, 4 gigs of Ram, 3870x2, F1 Raid 0, is mostly sufficient for most of my needs. I also had to endure a complete OS change and migration from Windows XP Pro 32x, to Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Tower is much faster than the previous Sestren, as the jump from Pentium 805D to Core 2 Quad, is pretty significant. In some areas, it exceeded my expectations, in some it lacked. However in the lacking I believe that is due to hardrive limitations, even in Raid 0. I will further investigate once I move to four SSD drives Raid 0.

However as humans, we need to progress. So one must push boundaries, test limits, and evolve, so with that said. Work resumes on Sestren at full speed ahead. The time tables still fall on this Month of November to December for Sestren to be ready. I may also possibly feature an article on my transition to Windows 7, its been mostly positive, and I can suggest everyone to upgrade should they need to, however it wasn't without its quirks, and there's still some software and compability issues, but overall It was one of my most pleasant OS transitions, and a fun ride. However that is for a later time, and possibly a different medium, right now the focus is on the worklog. So please enjoy this quadruple dose of updates, since I took a little while to format this one, and be prepared for alot of content coming your way. Especially if I can secure more parts soon. This is just getting the case ready, parts are already going in, and as soon as I have confirmation on more stuff coming. I will update. I am waiting to see how the Radeon 5890 stacks up vs. Fermi x2 to decide. More parts are coming in, so definitely check back these weeks as there are bound to be updates.

Left to come!
CPU
Motherboard
6x DDR3 Ram
PSU
4x 2.5 to 3.5 HDD converters
4x SSD's
2x Graphics Card x2
Water Cooling Fittings
Water Piping Cutter

Take care,

- PC1X1

SestrenBuildLogWorklogUpdate.png

IMG_0160.jpg

Description: The great assembly had begun! Here you can start seeing how the colors will match and accent one another. Also note how all plastic parts are painted black, and the new 3 screws on the facade of the cube, are part of the removable motherboard tray mod. So indeed the tray is removable and looks pretty good in my humble opinion.

IMG_0161.jpg

Description: Here's a profile shot that features the hardware side of the cube. The right side is where all the water cooling, and accessories, lights etc.. will reside. The top plate that holds pump #3, now has a carbon fiber trim. On the right side, left side of the bay you can see two silver screws, and some carbon fiber trim, that's part of the removable motherboard tray. It was quite difficult to counter sink the screws so they wouldn't scrape the actual bay hardware. However in the end it came out pretty good I think. The little carbon fiber guy in the bottom of the right side is there to help hold up the Power Supply Unit.

IMG_0162.jpg

Description: Another shot of the the cube's skeleton, here is a front shot that portrays the cube in all its towering glory. Again check out the details and screws from the removable motherboard tray, and the painted plastic hinges, that hold the front panel.

IMG_0163.jpg

Description: Here's an up shot of the cube. You can see its glossy red appearance, and its details. The black motherboard end plate contrasts really well.

IMG_0165.jpg

Description: Here's a frontal shot of the motherboard side for the cube's skeleton. As you may have noticed, the cube is divided into two main compartments. I took advantage of this fact, and divided all working hardware in the Motherboard side, and all accessories and support hardware in the right side. The paint is nice and glossy, and again the black trim, and intentional use of blacks to contrast the red looks pretty cool. Notice how the wheels also join the form now.

IMG_0166.jpg

Description: Here's a close shot of the back plate. The cube while not longer than a standard computer case, is indeed much wider. So you can see that while being a standard 7x End plate, the width from motherboard to actual computer window is pretty large. That gives me alot of room to play with the water cooling and cable routing. Again the end plate was made as a contrast, and looks pretty cool in my opinion, once hardware is installed, it should contrast and blend even better. It also serves as a focal point to draw your eyes.

IMG_0167.jpg

Description: Here's is the back of the cube in all its naked glory. Luckily this post is safe for work. Here you can see that the PSU end plate is also powder coated black. And contrasts with the red of the cube. While the red is the main color of the skeleton, once the cube is fully assembled, all the pieces will make sense.

IMG_0168.jpg

Description: Here's a close up shot of the 120mm Fan exhaust, and the opening for the tubing from the 2 main 360mm radiators. You can also see an upclose shot of the motherboard tray screws. I really like these screws. Also the metallic Lian Li screws also look very good, and when all the water cooling chrome fittings are in, everything will be themed and harmonious.

Last edited:

IMG_0170.jpg

Description: Here's a towering view of the back side, and you can see how everything complements one another. Also the anti vibration grommets also worked and matched very well to the water cooling grommets.

IMG_0171.jpg

Description: Here's a front view of the right side bay. Here's where all the accessories will reside, and on top of the carbon fiber table, is where pump #3 will go. Under will be the two power supply units.

IMG_0172.jpg

Description: An up-close shot of the carbon fiber trim on the pump housing, this was a custom made mod, to gain upward space on the cube.

IMG_0173.jpg

Description: Aeriel view of the cube

IMG_0174.jpg

Description: Complete shot of the cube from above. Some say it was taken by a spy satellite.

IMG_0176.jpg

Description: aeriel view from another angle.

IMG_0177.jpg

Description: Here's a shot of the underside of Sestren. You can again view more screws from the removable motherboard tray, I made that tray removable, because it was a pain in the butt, to add and remove bay hardware. The ray is held in place by 9 screws, and 2 side screws, for a total of 11 screws. Notice that the cube is defying the laws of physics, and no I did not rotate that picture in post processing, Its actually being held up physically in that position.

IMG_0178.jpg

Description: Another artistic shot of the cube defying the laws of physics, so you can view it from yet another angle. It may be propped up somehow, or possibly it has magical powers.

IMG_0179.jpg

Description: Here's the back aerial view of the cube, and the final installment of the cube skeleton.

Title: Worklog Update
Date: November 01, 2009

Brief: Continuing from my previous update, since I owe you guys for not updating for a little while ;). This is the beginning of putting all the parts together again, once this part is finished, which it is in this update. I will be working straight on putting all the parts back on. Which is most likely what the next update will feature. First all front bays come back in, then I go into water cooling, then hardware. So certainly stay tuned, things are heating up ;).

Until next time,

- PC1X1

IMG_0180.jpg

Description: Like the mighty Voltron, the cube has assembled itself, and now you can start fully visualization, my vision for the theme and motif of this project. Classy on the outside, fiery red hot on the inside.

IMG_0181.jpg

Description: Here's a profile shot of the cube fully assembled, keep in mind, this is case only. The parts are coming in the next update, however looks pretty hawt if I may just say so myself.

IMG_0182.jpg

Description: Another angle side view of the cube, you can see all the parts fitted pretty nicely. The main problem on painting something is that it adds a small extra later to the dimensions of the original object. While this is no exception, the powder coat and sand blasting etc, were well done, because the cube fitted basically perfectly.

IMG_0184.jpg

Description: This is a frontal shot of the cube, while simular to the first shot, its actually differs in angle and altitude. This shot is a great showcase for how the colors contrast one another, and how there's a HDR/Bloom effect on the paint due to colors and gloss. Once actual hardware also goes in, the effect will be complete.

IMG_0187.jpg

Description: This shot is an aerial frontal shot, that differs a view degrees from the rest. Its emphasizes the cube's outwardly proportions and just how big it is. Again the colors and lighting make it appealing to look at it. All these front bays will be filled up quite soon.

IMG_0189.jpg

Description: Here's yet another frontal shot, because it came out pretty cool ;). However on this shot, lighting inside is heightened, just like it will be when all the CCFL or cold cathodes light up the cube from the inside :).

IMG_0191.jpg

Description: Another frontal..... just kidding, here's a cool side view the cube. This is a good representation of how and what I will see when it is finished. Of course hardware will be in there, but one can start seeing and imaging how it will look fully integrated.

IMG_0193.jpg

Description: Side aerial view of the motherboard side of Sestren. You can also see now how the back blends in and works the entire theme throughout. Also looks artsy and avant garde.

IMG_0194.jpg

Description: This shot is similar to the previous one, however instead of looking at it in a micro scale for the details, you can see the whole picture.

Last edited:

IMG_0195.jpg

Description: Now flipping to the front, you can get an idea how the entire project meshes together.

IMG_0197.jpg

Description: Considering we covered almost every shot and angle known to man, the only way we haven't gone on this update is up. Well now we did! Recall this is where the 240mm radiator will be mounted.

IMG_0199.jpg

Description: Aerial view of the cube

IMG_0202.jpg

Description: This is a cool shot of the back, because now with the roof, and sides, all the blacks are fully represented, and now join each other in contrasting the Red interior. When designer this project, this is what I envisioned, and it came out pretty close to how I wanted. So I am pretty happy with the results. Can't wait to add the hardware in there, to complete the cycle.

IMG_0203.jpg

Description: Here's an upclose shot of the back, while similar to the skeleton shot of the back, when we add the roof, and the sides, the lighting and aesthetics of the cube change. And that's important, because I have to preplan each step as a finished product and not a phase. However this part came out just like I wanted, as the lighting is good, and not overwhelming, the red and black stick the classy, yet ret hot motif exactly.

IMG_0204.jpg

Description: Here's the back from another angle. Keep in mind there will also be radiators eventually attached, so that will further balance the color proportions.

IMG_0205.jpg

Description: And finally but surely not least, the last picture of this particular update. Another picture of the front of the cube, however in its towering form. This picture is the perfect example of what I wanted from this color scheme. The angle, the contrasts, where the shadows hit, everything flows, and that's for now, the biggest accomplishment of this build. Going further I hope to improve and expand this concept. So stay tuned!!!

nice... i like the shade of red you chose... goes well with black, inside the case, IMO.

Title: Quick Status Update
Date: November 27, 2009
Status: Coming Updates and What's in Store for Project Sestren!

Brief: Good Evening, I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving! And good luck on your Black Friday and Cyber Monday deal hunting. Anyhow everything is good with Project Sestren, though I figured I update a little so everyone is on the same page as I.

Long story short, I almost pulled a crazy move, and it wasn't because of lack of trying. Intel was having their Intel Mod Contest at http://www.intelcorechallenge.com/. And I did everything in my power as I was very adamant in entering. Unfortunately it wasn't meant to be. I could not secure parts in time, not to mention was still waiting on some parts from sponsors, and with the shops I contacted, things just did not click well enough. I was prepared to do credit card genocide, heh, so I guess it worked out best that I didn't as it was a big gamble. Though I do think I had a shot of getting in there with the finalists. Oh well, it wasn't meant to be, but thats the basic reason I was a bit absent early November, I was trying every day to see if I could get the parts, I had also cleared that my entry was legitimate with Intel, etc. So overall I am a little disappointed, because even if I didn't win, the secondary prizes, would have helped me alot, ie. Intel SSD's etc. Anyhow no use crying over spilt milk, the project still needs to go on, and go on it will!

Also I had to RMA my powersupply, the Enermax Rev85+ 1050w, not because there was anything wrong with it, but because some early models may have incompatibility problems with the Evga X58 Classified, and I figured not to risk it. Again I would like to Thank Tom Lac, for a quick and painless RMA, Enermax is top notch when it comes to customer service.

Anyhow after thinking about it, I am pretty satisfied with the steampunk radiator grill, and how it fits with the overall aesthetic of Sestren. Panzer Dragoon, has a bit of a steampunk aesthetic as well, so I think its meant to be. So I decided not to purchase the aluminum grills which would create disparity between the designs. Originally I was going to go full aluminum grills, however because of the scope of this project, the bills were racking up, I opted for the Steampunk grills instead as they are much cheaper and then was going aluminum in the back. I decided to go full steampunk as essentially it's the same thing. Honestly, I was very surprised with the quality of the steampunk grill, so I think it may even come out better than going aluminum, so Steampunk it is. I also ordered more fan steampunk fan grills, etc. So the whole theme will be fluid.

I updated the first page with all the parts list of the project, so check it out! As far as actual updates, I haven't updated in a bit, because I wanted to only update with pictures. But since I have to wait for the parts to come in, I'd figured might as well chime in a little. As like I mentioned previously I couldn't secure any sponsors on time for the project (I wanted to have sponsors secured as well as parts, at least 10 days before the contest deadline to be responsible on my part) and even in some cases were out of stock. For example MNPCTech, was out of stock of the steampunk grills, they are on their way to me right now, so it would have been too stressful to get in the contest, not to mention parts would have been missing, and its overall the reason I haven't updated.

So with this delay, I decided to merge both phases of Sestren and just go for it. However this will delay the project a little. Basically forget reason, and I am going to go for the Hexa Set up at the same time as well. So yea, I am going to need 5 Dell 3007WFP-HC's wish me luck on saving up heh! The actual build is still fairly similar, but also I decided that the SSD's must be 160 gigs or bigger, so thats another large cost dent. Also depending on price, I may go i9, but who knows. There's alot of factors involved and I am going to need alot of the community's help. Sestren isn't a computer to fulfill my needs nor one to simply show off. It's really a proof of concept, my desire to see if it really can be done. Hence the extremes on the project. Because quite honestly, I am using Tower (my temporary computer), with a Q9550 downclocked to 2.6ghz due to the limitations on my motherboard with 4 gigs of ram, that I bought years ago, with my trusty Radeon 3870x2, and its works fine for me. So there's no practical reason for Sestren to be hurried or done, etc. I just want to see if its possible to accomplish my vision/goal, and learn more about the computer and myself while doing it. I think so, though I will be frank, its a really really hard task to do. So I need your help!

Anyone that can donate or sponsor a part, please get in touch with me, if your just browsing the project, and sharing the experience with me, tell your friends, family, anyone, because the more exposure, more page hits, etc, the better chances, I can persuade a sponsor to work with me, so this really is a group effort. And I humbly ask for help! If you know any stores, friends with stores, or are a customer in said store, let them know about Sestren! I of course will also try to get as many sense-able parties involved as well as raise funds for the project. Because at the end of the day, its on my tail heh! But anything that can buffer the blows helps and helps alot!

SPECIAL THANKS!

to Petra's Tech Shop, for being the first guys for working with me, ironically when I had them as the first sponsor, the scope of the project was completely different, go figure! So while I had already gotten all needed parts from them, as well as bought all my water cooling from them a while ago, I think a big thanks is in order for helping kick start this project. I have all the parts I needed from Petra's.

Thanks for Enermax for great customer service. Although my wallet is sad when it recalls how much I paid for the Rev85+, their customer service is really top notch, and their reputation for it is well warranted and that combined with quality makes the price worth it. Made good friends over there, Hey Wei and Tom!. I now have all the parts I needed from Enermax for now, though I may add more fans, and am still looking for a good deal on my second Rev85+.

Thanks for MNPCTech, which is quite simply the best shop period for accessories I seen. Big big thanks for its owner, Bill Owen, who not only helped me through MNPCTech, Bill is one of the big reasons, I decided to push hard on this project. Because Bill expects and demands alot from a builder, and that push, is what made me strive to become better each update. I will continue to do so. Bill is definitely the biggest outside factor that pushed this project along, as well as a great guy in general. MNPCTech has alot of cool stuff, and really reasonable prices. So thanks alot Bill, I hope to work with you in the future! I have all the parts I needed from MNPCTech for now,

This is a tentative list on what I believe still needs to get bought for Sestren to be part's complete.

To buy Sestren Parts List.
Computer: $4000
1x Evga X58 Classified $394.99 – $30 Rebate
1x Bitspower Black Freezer EIX58NSC $ 165
1x Bitspower Black Freezer MOS EI58DP II $45
1x Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w $220
4x Icy Dock 2.5 to 3.5 $99.99
1x Intel Core i7 $240
4x Intel 160 gig SSD G2 $415
2x Corsair 6 gigs $330
1x Bitspower and Fittings $400
1x Tube Cutter Advanced $14.95
1x LED $50
2x Dell Active Mini Display Port to DVI $100
10x USB Extensions $20

Graphics Card: $2100
8 Monitor Graphics Cards
3 Waterblocks

2x Radeon 5970 $599.99
2x Radeon 5970 Waterblocks $200
1x GeForce 285 $400
1x GeForce 285 Waterblock $99
1x GeForce 285 Single Slot PCI Bracket or Mod.

Monitor Stand: $2000-$3000

Monitors: $6000 +/- $360 tax
5x Dell UltraSharp 3007WFP-HC $1199.99 each

Misc: $200

List and Prices are tentative, and subject to change, depending on budget, availability etc and I tried to round a bit up, as its always better to lower costs, and not be surprised by exceeding costs. Basically overbudget > pass budget. These costs are definitely unreasonable so time to get creative, and work my butt off, and most likely not eat for a while heh!

As far as pictures updates, they are coming soon, you will get two more updates for sure before the years end. However since everyone is shutting down operations in December, the build will most likely go into Q1 of next year. So be on the look out for two more updates this year, and I'll work around the clock to get this build up and running asap! Trust me I tried everything possible and a few crazy things that it's better I didn't do, to get the build finished this month of Nov, and hit Dec with it completed, but just isn't possible. But don't worry, this just means theres more time to make it better! Wish me luck! Help out if you can! And lets keep IT GOING!

Take care,

- PC1X1

Last edited:
wow, i can't wait to see pictures of the 5x 30" monitor setup, and the rest of your absolutely epic setup. Good luck man...

wow, i can't wait to see pictures of the 5x 30" monitor setup, and the rest of your absolutely epic setup. Good luck man...

Thanks, I think it will look cool, I already have the design picked out, it's actually 6 monitors, I have a 30 that I am using right now :), just need 5 more heh!

well still... 6 monitors will be even more crazy man... I've been showing your progress so far to my mate, who i'm helping build his new DD case for watercooling this weekend... he loves your progress, and almost wishes he got that same lian li cube...

This setup is going to be insane. I cannot wait to see more pictures and the final setup.

well still... 6 monitors will be even more crazy man... I've been showing your progress so far to my mate, who i'm helping build his new DD case for watercooling this weekend... he loves your progress, and almost wishes he got that same lian li cube...

Hehe, each has its pros and con, though the DD case is very practical, whereas mine wasn't, had to mod it heh! But definitely tell your mate to share his progress, I'd love to see pictures :).

This setup is going to be insane. I cannot wait to see more pictures and the final setup.
Me either :), will be striving for it asap!

Hehe, each has its pros and con, though the DD case is very practical, whereas mine wasn't, had to mod it heh! But definitely tell your mate to share his progress, I'd love to see pictures :).

yeh, the DD case is still a bit annoying. The PSU took a while to mount, and it turns out the holes for the psu don't actually line up with his HX1000... when i left last night he was still plumbing the system, but yeh, i'll post a full worklog for him when its all done...

Title: Mini Worklog Update + New Features
Date: December 01, 2009

Brief: How's it going everyone! Work continues, and is going well. This is a mini update as I have just finished putting all the drive bays in, so all 18 5.25's drive bays, are now full again :). It was going to go through a live update, but unfortunately takes alot of time and work, so I didn't finish it today. However the first update will go live this weekend, and the second will closely follow it. I have to say, everything came out perfect, the removable motherboard tray made things so much better. Still took forever to align everything though, I'll elaborate next update.

Though today's update features! My brand new Christmas presents. Yup, there goes my Christmas credit, but its very cool and something useful. I got a brand new toolbox, so I put in the tools I mostly use, except my soldering station, and fluids, (artic silver, etc) everything is practically in there. And it looks great to boot, so I was pretty happy with it, so decided to take three pictures. However this isn't just me sharing my cool new toolbox, this was a calculated test, for how chrome reacts to lightning conditions etc, which all of Sestren's fittings are based off, so there is a practical reason to doing this :).

Also I am proud to announce a new feature coming soon to the worklog!

Video! Yup we are going Web 2.0 (lol) and will now have a video component, I have written the script, and scenes already, just need to shoot it, and figure out how to cut it. If you do video editing, please help haha! I have Adobe Premiere. But I also need your suggestions and what do you guys want to see? Do you want detailed explanations and video going in and out of the case? Do you want sleeving tutorials? etc.. etc.. I am still figuring out how I am going to do this, but it will be showing up in one of these future updates, and coming quite soon.

The Icon is even ready :)

Coming soon! To computer monitors near you! ( No clicking on it yet, not set up, but will be in one the next updates! )

SestrensVideoWorklog.png

Take care,

- PC1X1

SestrenBuildLogPartsReview.png

Tool Box Review:

IMG_0216.jpg

Description: Here's my brand new toolbox, its pretty big, and quite heavy. The thing is really sturdy which is a plus, though like I mentioned, its a bit hard to carry around. Quality is top notch, and I definitely recommend this company's quality. No idea on price, since I just got it as a early Christmas present, but I am very happy with it. Fit and Finish are top tier.

IMG_0218.jpg

Description: Here's the profile view, there you can see the warning label, showing you that it is pretty heavy. The sliding trays are very smooth, and nice, also I like the fact I can lock all the tools inside as well. Can't steal them now, albeit you can steal the entire case X_X. Also comes with this foam backing in the bottom, that holds the tools in place, and protects them and the case from scratches. Very nice touch.

IMG_0219.jpg

Description: Tada! Tools, hurray, this is all the basic things you need for modding and computer building. Of course, I still have three more tool boxes with crap, I used to build Sestren, as well as the actual power tools and their boxes, so everytime I work on this thing, its a party, the entire house is filled with various toolboxes with stuff! I am a big Do it yourself person, so I actually do anything I possibly can, so lots of crap. But I put most of the stuff I use constantly for computer building in here, and a small carry toolbox, with screwdrivers and stuff, so with those two I am ready for any computing challenge! I hope at least!

Last edited:
I like that toolbox. I have a Kobalt tool chest from Lowes that looks very similar.

Thanks, Lowes has some real nice stuff as well, haven't seen a cobalt one though. I am pretty happy, I like clean and organized :), and I can't bring myself to take it to the garage, haha, it's hiding in the living room under a table for now.

Title: Front Panel and Video Log 1 Update!
Date: December 05, 2009

Brief: Hi everyone, today you can check out Sestren's fascia! Hurray, the front panel is on! Next update, the radiators are going back in, and a bit forward, water cooling and parts will start migrating to the bowels of the cube.

Today was the first time ever, I messed with video, so please pardon the production values, I will read and study it to get to par. But honestly I just wanted to make it work. I am aware of lots of things wrong with the video, but I think its mildly entertaining, at least a start. So please enjoy the first Sestren video log! More coming later.

Also notice in the front of the cube, how there are no gaps at all. That's my own little design, thats a mixture of sleeving, C molding, mounting tape, and solid wiring, that covers, all the gaps. As you guys know, not all devices fit perfectly, in the 5 1/4 bays, in fact, the Athena power bays, and the Zalman's fit pretty poorly, but with my tiny mod, it fits perfectly. Anyhow, be sure to suggest ideas, for the next video!

If your musician, and would like to contribute tracks, please let me know :).

Thanks again!

Take care,

- PC1X1

IMG_0222.jpg

Description: Front of the mighty cubicus!

IMG_0223.jpg

Description: Top Profile view! Notice how aligned every single bay is! That's no mistake, I literally spend hours (no joke) aligning it to make sure it worked. On the mod to cover the gaps, I spent to hours making sure it lined up as well as possible.

IMG_0224.jpg

Description: Another shot of the side, again notice how aligned everything is. Looks lovely.

IMG_0225.jpg

Description: You can start seeing how the cables go from the front panels to the insides, of course they will be routed, and out of sight when parts start going in. That's going to be a big challenge on this project, making everything cohesively fit.

IMG_0226.jpg

Description: Hail Cubicus! He looks like hes 50 ft tall. He also resembles an air conditioning unit, and I have been asked by a guest if hes a refrigerator. Heh!

IMG_0228.jpg

Description: Hard drive bay galore!

IMG_0230.jpg

Description: They are escaping!

IMG_0231.jpg

Description: Hmmnn which one to pull first, notice this is the hot swap capability, coupled with my Areca card, its going to be a powerful server grade raid subsystem.

IMG_0232.jpg

Description: He's coming for you!

Last edited:

IMG_0234.jpg

Description: Flip to the other side!

IMG_0235.jpg

Description: Whatever you do, don't look down!

IMG_0238.jpg

Description: Cubicus has arrived!

IMG_0242.jpg

Description: Shot of the inside with all the wiring.

IMG_0243.jpg

Description: Close up shot of the inside, featuring you guessed it the wiring. Notice how the sleeving is coordinated, and even the contact points between the fan controller and wires are nicely done. Those parts will never be seen by anyone, but the details are there.

IMG_0251.jpg

Description: Right on the outside again

IMG_0256.jpg

Description: Going up!

IMG_0260.jpg

Description: Ta ta for now shot!

Ladies and Gentleman, boys and girls, today's content has been formatted from its original version, to fit on your computer screen! It's Sestren, its here! Its in Video!

Last edited:
I've like this build from the start until you did that to the front. Looks WAY too messy, too much going on. The hot-swaps are fine but the floppy?? I'd totally put another optical in it's place. If you need a floppy drive for whatever reason then i'd jsut keep a usb one handy.

I've like this build from the start until you did that to the front. Looks WAY too messy, too much going on. The hot-swaps are fine but the floppy?? I'd totally put another optical in it's place. If you need a floppy drive for whatever reason then i'd jsut keep a usb one handy.

you be surprised when you need a floppy, heh! There's alot going on, because that's the point for Sestren, It's supposed to be able to do everything in one place. Keep checking out an see when it has everything if your opinion changes. Even if not its ok, we all have our different tastes. Personally I think it looks cool, I can see the busy comment, but I think it lines up pretty nicely though, has a coherent theme. Also sometimes theres problems with USB floppies, and I prefer to load bios'es on unstable computers through the legacy port, hehe!

Thanks for checking out, and please do keep a look, and feel free to state your opinion, I may not always change it, but I do listen. Plus in my opinion makes Sestren more unique, it actually uses the drive bays, whereas most other Lian Li's Cube's don't.

Back