Project SG01

ephex101

n00b
Hey fellas, Im about to build a SFF system. I wanted to show you guys the specs, and see what kinda feedback I could get as far as hardware issues and conflicts. Please feel free to recomend other options. Just one rule, dont suggest anything that will cost significantly more than the original component (Ex: I plan on getting the 7950gx2, so dont recomend SLI 7900GTXs. I know they are faster, but also more expensive. Comprende?)

Sugo SG01-Evo
Ultra 550w with X-connect
Biostar tForce6100-939
Athlon X2 4800+ 939 paired with Tt Blue Orb 2
2GB OCZ 184-pin DDR400 (PC3200) dual channel
eVGA 7950gx2
Sony P234 23" monitor
WD 250GB 3GB/s SATA
LG DVD drive/burner EIDE (work with mobo?)

Thats a wrap

Jeez, I hope it can handle Doom3

Questions Comments Concerns?

I would suggest getting HDCP monitor, Samsungs' are very nice ones and don't KO your pocket.

lt_shiro said:
I would suggest getting HDCP monitor, Samsungs' are very nice ones and don't KO your pocket.

What good is an HDCP monitor when his video cards aren't HDCP compliant?

Any reason why you are going 939 rather than AM2? AM2 is the same price, and it uses DDR2, which is cheaper than DDR these days. If you go AM2, get the EPoX board, that one is better than the AM2 version of the Biostar. Also, don't buy that Ultra PSU, get an Enermax Liberty 500w instead.

Cause what is the point of buying another monitor in less than 2 years? and the cost is same as the sony model he listed.

ephex101 said:
sounds good, any reason for the power supply change?
Ultra PSUs are bad. They are not that efficient, and generally don't deliver clean power. The enermax is one of the best "bang for the buck" PSUs. If you can stretch your budget for a PSU to about $130, you can get the Corsair HX520, which is a top notch PSU.

TheBlueChanell said:
The ultra x2 and the ultra x-infinity are great psu's point proven.
What proof? Invisible proof? You may wanna take a look here: http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/XFi600W/ Bad efficiency, and not the greatest performance, and there are definitely better PSUs for your money.

The Corsair however, is an awesome PSU: http://www.jonnyguru.com/PSU/HX520W/ Good efficiency and great performance.

jonnyguru knows his stuff, and I trust his reviews.

Back