Project :: The Glass Prison

I really think you are the best modder on this board, and taking in the fact your 15? thats amazing.

Holy shit, lol.

You should totally cut out a rectangle from the top of the case, and then use a raised mesh to fill it, lol. That would be wicked sick.

So far though, keep up the good work. I like I like.

IMO you should re-vist that HDD cage design. If it wiggles/vibrates, you could harm your Hard drives.
Sorry, but I dont have time to be more specific.

Thanks for the feedback!

Ozone77 said:
IMO you should re-vist that HDD cage design. If it wiggles/vibrates, you could harm your Hard drives.
Sorry, but I dont have time to be more specific.

That hard drive cage is going nowhere, trust me! Vibration shouldn't be a problem as i'll be mounting the aquadrive using thick tape ;)

Noni said:
I really think you are the best modder on this board, and taking in the fact your 15? thats amazing.

now wait a minute, just where the hell is he getting the money to get a kickass watercooling circuit from? I'm fifteen, and I'm still scrounging up the money to get a mid-range PC!

Looking good so far man!
I love how that radiator is mounted, that's gonna look awesome!

n00btard said:
now wait a minute, just where the hell is he getting the money to get a kickass watercooling circuit from? I'm fifteen, and I'm still scrounging up the money to get a mid-range PC!

Here's your answer ;)

Leeum said:
I only got the motivation to start work recently when I received my Custom PC prizes for being featured in the magazine. The prizes included a case, PSU and various Intel hardware which will be used/ sold to fund the project.

nice work, can't wait to see how it turns out

n00btard said:

Let's just say I'm now staff over at Coolercases UK... :D

Cheers for the feedback, more updates soon!

Leeum said:
Let's just say I'm now staff over at Coolercases UK... :D

Cheers for the feedback, more updates soon!

Now THAT'S a setup, right there. I need something like that! Good job for such a young man on your last case and this is looking like another excellent log. Congrats on the case and prizes also. :)

After picking up a Cascade SS along with its very own custom A64 mounting plate (cheers Paul!) I decided to go for an old revision Maze4 GPU block. That way I could give it the shiny treatment so the Cascade didn’t look out of place in all its silver glory :)

img45.jpg

Here’s the Maze4-1 in its standard form.

img46.jpg

I started by marking the mounting holes for the base of the block into some scrap Perspex.

img47.jpg

Here’s the top of the block mounted to the Perspex. This stops any sand touching the bottom of the top which comes into contact with the water.

img48.jpg

I then took it to the school workshops for a (light) sandblast, I say light as the compressor wasn’t up to much ;)

Then the elbow grease starts, sanding with 400, 800, 1200 and 1500 grit followed by a little polishing and voila!

img49.jpg

The hard work is all worth it in the end.

The original plan was to use an ATI card which would be supported by the block, this changed somewhere down the line. After picking up a 6800GS I was faced with the choice of swapping the block for the acetel Maze4 or attempting some kind of modification to allow it to fit 6/7xxx series cards.

I used the backplate from the 6800 mounting kit to mark the holes for the 4 mounting rods.

img50.jpg

I then drilled and tapped the 2mm holes; you can see how tight the fit is due to the existing mounting holes.

img51.jpg

A test fit with the mounting rods and the backplate :) Just need to get the non-TEC base fitted to the block and make sure the contact is ok with the card.

More soon as I’m aiming to fire the rig up over easter! :D

Stevennoland said:
Ugh! Steel cases. I don't like em. But hey, it was free right? Keep up the good work. Convert that huge round dial into a volume knob. Have it go from 1 to 11!

"Yea, but these go to eleven".

You'll show your age if you know what movie that line is from.

Steven

I know what movie that's from....

"Wouldn't that be just like 10 on another amp?"

/25 last month. w00t

Nice sand and polish job! Let me know how much you'll charge to sand and polish my Konvect-O-Matic Ultra radiators? LOL!

Steven

Really sorry peeps, got majorly side tracked with this. The project isn't dead yet, just hibernating ;)

Nothing much to show really, I did have to re-polish the Maze4 GPU block and took a few pictures of it alongside the Cascade SS.

shinypair.jpg

:)

Looks awesome man. I can't believe you are only 16. Keep it up.

Back