Project: TJ08 Silver

CrazyBeaner said:
i have a Q, the it seems to be the same space beetween the pci cards so do they fit together? meaning they dont bump to each other with the zalmans? or did u have to remove the back support plate to fit the second card?

If I'm understanding your question correctly, the eVGA mATX SLi motherboard has 4 slots; 3 PCI-e slots and a single PCI (there's pictures of the naked mobo on the first page of this thread). The Fatal1ty coolers take up the open slot directly below each PCI-e slot. No modifications needed =)

Dark Prodigy said:
If I'm understanding your question correctly, the eVGA mATX SLi motherboard has 4 slots; 3 PCI-e slots and a single PCI (there's pictures of the naked mobo on the first page of this thread). The Fatal1ty coolers take up the open slot directly below each PCI-e slot. No modifications needed =)

but i mean they dont bump into each other? cause my vf700 uses a a crosslink bridge of some sort to support the back screws
DSC00326.jpg

did u use that support thing? cause i want to go sli but im worried that it will bump into each other

Ahhh... now I understand. When I originally put the cards together with the VGA coolers, the support crossbar on the bottom card DID interfere with the top one. So I took the support bar off of the bottom one. It holds pretty tightly without it. I kind of shook it a bit to test it. Even though the cooler is big, its not THAT heavy that it needs that support bar. Works fine.

so not even the bolts bump into the fan? thankz man im about to go vmodded 7600gs sli for 1600x1200 res :D

good stuff bud.

i'm wondering if re-routing the front panel cables will help the lower card get a little bit more air...

000_0649.jpg

stormshadow said:
good stuff bud.

i'm wondering if re-routing the front panel cables will help the lower card get a little bit more air...

I actually thought about that, you could possibly be right. However, the intake fan blows a significant amount of fresh air directly into the cards' pathway, leaving it less likely that the lower card's air circulation is stifled by the proximity of the cables. The GPU temp for the lower card is about 2° cooler than the top one. Besides, I didn't want to bunch the cables up too much... :D

couldnt you right below wher the GPU cooler is make a hole and put some mesh over it so it is exhausting it somewher ?

$h0ck3r said:
couldnt you right below wher the GPU cooler is make a hole and put some mesh over it so it is exhausting it somewher ?

With the type of strong airflow in this case, that type of modification isn't necessary. Thanks for the input ... =)

looks good : )

Nice build, bro!

You handled the mATX tower build perfectly, now I have no excuse for the crap wiring job in my case. :D

JinxyBoi said:
Nice build, bro!

You handled the mATX tower build perfectly, now I have no excuse for the crap wiring job in my case. :D

Thankyou very much Jinxy =) I'm glad you can appreciate the work involved with making a mATX build look clean.

i know you wanted to go for the fatality red theme but a horizontally flowing HSF (like the zalman 9500) woulda really been an awesome choice to "go with the flow" in terms of airflow...

stormshadow said:
i know you wanted to go for the fatality red theme but a horizontally flowing HSF (like the zalman 9500) woulda really been an awesome choice to "go with the flow" in terms of airflow...

To perpetuate the 'wind tunnel' effect this case generates, I'm inclined to agree that the horizontal flowing Zalman 9500 would be an excellent choice for this case.

AMD RULES said:
are those fans loud? I like the aluminum look :D

You are talking about the Evercool aluminum case fans I believe. And yes.. they are loud. I put an evercool 3 speed controller on the rear fan (first page of log) and I put a 12V->7V 4 pin adpater on the front fan (which can be seen on the behind mobo shot). With those additions they are very silent while still maintaining great airflow.

Nice build man. I like the combination of silver/red, I was skeptical at first but it sure did come out nice.

You've got a mini monster there.

I love a mATX, that one has serious style. Awesome work dude, ever consider changing your PSU's fan grill to a red one?

n1ce_hat said:
I love a mATX, that one has serious style. Awesome work dude, ever consider changing your PSU's fan grill to a red one?

Thanks for the compliment.. =)You know, I never considered that. I would agree that it would look pretty decent. With it being such a short case and its kind of hard to see underneath on the inside from the outside, it just wouldn't be seen much if at all. but definately something to consider next time.

Nice build man. I like the combination of silver/red, I was skeptical at first but it sure did come out nice.

You've got a mini monster there.

Thanks alot =D. I wanted to do colors I haven't seen together, because I was tired of seeing UV green, and blue is even becoming boring, among other overdone colors. I wanted contrasting but complimenting colors. Fortunately it worked out ok..=)

Hey would you have been able to fit 4 sticks of ram in with that cpu fan? From the pics it looks like the fan overhangs the slots but still kinda looks like there will be enough clearance

Pegesus said:
Hey would you have been able to fit 4 sticks of ram in with that cpu fan? From the pics it looks like the fan overhangs the slots but still kinda looks like there will be enough clearance

Not even close. I was lucky I was able to fit the RAM in the 2nd slot. The first slot was totally impeded by the giant HSF. Even tried installing RAM first then dry-fitting the HSF to check for clearance.

Thanks for the tip. I have the same board and fan as you do and really wanted 4 gigs in my new build but looks like i'll have to settle for 2 or get 2 2gig sticks.

Pegesus said:
Thanks for the tip. I have the same board and fan as you do and really wanted 4 gigs in my new build but looks like i'll have to settle for 2 or get 2 2gig sticks.

If that's the case, then I'd definately reccommend 2 2Gb sticks in the 2nd and 4th slot for dual channel mode. When your done with your build post some pics. =) What case are you fitting the board and fan into?

I'm fabricating my own case. Time has been in short supply for me lately but hopefully i'll have some pics here in the next week and hopefully near a completed design.

I'm fabricating my own case. Time has been in short supply for me lately but hopefully i'll have some pics here in the next week and hopefully near a completed design.

Definately post it! I'm sure we'd all like to see what you have cookin'.

Hey Dark...

what did you do with those Fatal1ty VGA coolers. did you remove the backplate off of one so that they would both fit?

Disregard the last post....being that i am blind as a bat and missed like three previous replies :(

Although this is from 2 years ago, great build log!
I'm building a mATX setup from the CM Elite 340 and am sleeving the cables and gonna work with some cable management to roughly the same effect of what you have going on, although non-SLI and smaller heatsinks/fans.
Will post worklog when I am done as well.

Back