Project: Transfusion

ok here is the beginning on my next project. just got another heatercore at autozone. this one is part#39 9078 eg the fedco 2-302. so far i've just put the barbs on. still needs to be bondo'd and painted once it all cures. i also added a little magnum weld for added strength and to bulk the tubes up a bit to hide the transition. the bondo will finish that off.
DSCI0004.jpg

DSCI0003.jpg

DSCI0001.jpg

DSCI0006.jpg

DSCI0008.jpg

right now the case is in use for paper mockups and such. i will post pics of the skeleton next time i strip it down.

OK, this case was given to me by a friend. one day he called me and said he had a present for me. (it was already hacked on a bit and he thought i could save it) so here is an old pic of the case the way i got it. (pretty weak huh?)
Picture005.jpg

here is what i have gotten pics of so far... bear in mind, all of this is just rough fitting and mock-up.
rad test fit...
DSCI0015.jpg

DSCI0016.jpg

rear view, no mobo tray...
DSCI0005.jpg

shot of the new intake grill and switch/usb/1394 panel (no its not going to be yellow!)
DSCI0014.jpg

close up of intake...
DSCI0002.jpg

and some progress shots on the radiator...
DSCI0013.jpg

DSCI0011.jpg

DSCI0009.jpg

DSCI0007.jpg

damn thats a beast of a case.. 8) Can't wait to see what all you do with it.. looks good so far :)

You should give that Core a bath in a tarnish remover. That way it will SHINE in all it's Copper glorry!

Back