Project: Zelda Drive

you did that with a gold edition of zelda?

i spit in your general direction :p

Nice simple mod. That would be someting to do for sure. But now the trick for you to do is to make it autorun the game when you usb link it. :D

That's pretty neat, even enticing, but I second the Gold edition comments. :)

Troney1169 said:
Nice simple mod. That would be someting to do for sure. But now the trick for you to do is to make it autorun the game when you usb link it. :D

It should be easy enough, I will try it.

I thought he was gonna solder some wires and make the actual GAME act as the drive somehow. Like has 512K of starage space or something.

atherton213 said:
would be cooler if your computer was in a nintendo... hot swap drive... haha

Possilbly doable if you put a USB connector inside the lid. Im not sure what you would do with your optical drive at that point. Perhaps make that hot swap as well.

SarverSystems said:
I thought he was gonna solder some wires and make the actual GAME act as the drive somehow. Like has 512K of starage space or something.

Im not going to ruin a perfectly good copy of zelda for 512k of storage!

hmmmm, wonder if I can turn one of my old genesis games into a flash drive. Don't have a old HDD floating around, but then again, Genesis games were a lot smaller, so I couldn't put on in anyways.

Hmmmmm, iiinteresting!

I was going to try an SNES game, but it was too small. Im sure you could fit a standard flash drive in a Genisis or SNES game. Hell, if you wanted to get creative, you could turn it into a carrying case for one, or more of them.

very nice, i remember selling my copy on ebay about 2 years ago for 80 bucks lol
the gold catridge was definetly a eye pleaser

Now you can hide your pr0n stash along your games and no one will find it!! :D

aldy402 said:
very nice, i remember selling my copy on ebay about 2 years ago for 80 bucks lol
the gold catridge was definetly a eye pleaser

I am seeing them go on ebay for about $10. You could get another one do this, and be up $70 if you have the parts laying around.

cornelious0_0 said:
Killer mod man...very creative. I love seeing stuff like this.

:cool:

Thanks. Im just happy it FIT. I wasnt sure it was going to at first.

warlock said:
Thanks. Im just happy it FIT. I wasnt sure it was going to at first.

Good stuff, put that creativity to good use and see what else you can come up with. Nice to see people keeping going with stuff like this, living up the fact that [H]ardForums are fairly well known as a very good resource for case modding ideas/projects.

Neat mod, really creative. But don't ever destroy another gold Zelda cartridge again, use the Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt one since there were 50 billion of them made, everyone and their grandma has one :D

tdg said:
Neat mod, really creative. But don't ever destroy another gold Zelda cartridge again, use the Mario Brothers/Duck Hunt one since there were 50 billion of them made, everyone and their grandma has one :D

W0rd to that...kinda made me sad to see the gold cart. modded...but I think it was worth it, and if he's got a second one than why not? :p

I wanted to do the zelda one because it was different. Next, I might do a Gold Link one if I can find one. That is, if I dont get crucified first :p

warlock said:
I wanted to do the zelda one because it was different. Next, I might do a Gold Link one if I can find one. That is, if I dont get crucified first :p

Nice stuff.

THIS IS A COOL MOD, EXCEPT FOR THE USAGE OF THE GOLD ZELDA!!! THIS IS A TRAVISTY!!!! Lol, I wish that you would have used one of the shitty NES games, Like that Bible game!!!

"OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :p

goldmembersoffice.jpg

Smoke and a pancake?

rayman2k2 said:
you did that with a gold edition of zelda?

i spit in your general direction :p
meh; the gold edition is the more common. the grey cartridge is what seems to fetch more money, as it was the more limited run. i've got about 4 of the gold, but i've only ever found 2 of the grey case. idk about the rest of the country (US), but we have this game comin' out our ears, there's so many. 'bout the only NES title i see more often is Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.

killedaway said:
meh; the gold edition is the more common. the grey cartridge is what seems to fetch more money, as it was the more limited run. i've got about 4 of the gold, but i've only ever found 2 of the grey case. idk about the rest of the country (US), but we have this game comin' out our ears, there's so many. 'bout the only NES title i see more often is Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt.

Kinda weird...

All this talk really makes me wanna pick up an old NES and grab a few legacy games. There's times where an emulator just doesn't cut it. :p

cornelious0_0 said:
Kinda weird...

All this talk really makes me wanna pick up an old NES and grab a few legacy games. There's times where an emulator just doesn't cut it. :p
agreed. sometimes i'll drag out one of my consoles, hook up the cords, find the game i want, start it up, play for a while, and then get lazy and turn it off, leaving the messy thing hooked up to my TV for 2 weeks. ;) .... but really, it's true; sometimes you just need the real thing right there to get that nostalgia thing goin'.

killedaway said:

Thats what I thought. With all this talk of rarity, until yesterday, I have never EVER seen a grey copy of Zelda. EVER. I keep getting people complaining that its rare and I should never have done it, but I can get just about as many copies of this as I want, and they go for about $5 on ebay. I guess I dont see what the big deal was, I kept the silicone just incase my other copy dies.

warlock said:
Thats what I thought. With all this talk of rarity, until yesterday, I have never EVER seen a grey copy of Zelda. EVER. I keep getting people complaining that its rare and I should never have done it, but I can get just about as many copies of this as I want, and they go for about $5 on ebay. I guess I dont see what the big deal was, I kept the silicone just incase my other copy dies.

Good to hear.

I find it funny how the grey copy is so ridiculously rare...as soon as the gold edition went into production it probly just became popular to the point where the regular old grey version of the cartridge was nearly phased out of existance.

Kinda funny. :p

I liked Crystalis. I'd probably set up a drive in there as a NES rom drive. And have an autorun of the emulator or something.

Back