Proposed WC setup plz look!!!

deathBOB

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey yall! I just built my new computer this November (not that new i guess). It is composed of the following: Abit IC7-G, Pentium 2.4c, WD Raptor, 512 Corsair 3200LL, Geforce Ti 4200, Audigy soundcard. I had planned on overclocking this computer, and being able to do it right off the bat. However, high temperatures have forced me to consider alternative cooling methods. My case, Coolermaster's Wavemaster, has poor airflow. I love it to much to cut big holes in it for more air, so i need a solution that allows me to work with pre-existing holes. Enter watercooling... So ive been cruising these and other forums for a few weeks and I think I have a list of what I want to do:

Waterblock: Swiftech MC5002-P
Why? Ease of use i guess. Less tubing than a 3 prong block...

Radiator: D-tek Procore Jr.
Why? I think it will fit in my case. Like I said, space is a t a premium, the smaller the better.

Pump: Mag 3
Why? Cheap, powerful

Tubing: 1/2 all around, dunno what kind i want

Additive: Dunno.

Basically, I want it to look like Scanido's over at Overclockers Forums:
side.jpg

His is the closest thing I have seen to what I have. What do you guys think of all this?

You could put a few 2 inch holes on the BOTTOM of the case to suck cool air in....it helped me a bit when I built my buddies PC with that case.
m going to do it again with my case (the Coolermaster Wave one)

Take the good tubing, not the cheap stuff (don't know the name now, but if the price is outrageous its good.). The good stuff is more flexible and grips the barbs better.

About those 2 inch holes: stick some taught panty-hose in them. Filter.

I have almost always used chaep tubing and it works perfectly. I used the expensive shit my 1st time, but found there is no point..it is no better then then cheap stuff you get a local hardware stores

Back