PS2 problem

Munka

Gawd
Okay, so I was messing around behind my TV and I ended up unplugging my PS2 by accident while it was on. I plug it back in... and the LED light no longer turns on. :confused:

Any ideas? it's pretty old, but c'mon, it wasn't doing anything, just sitting in the menu of GT3.

Please, please help :( GT4 comes out here in a matter of days :(

edit: yes, the actual console won't turn on either, it's not just the LED light that is messed up.

Are you sure the master power switch (the one in the very back) is switched on? Normally when the unit is off but that switch is on, the LED will be red.

yeah, that is the first thing that I checked, as well as other power cords... no go...

One time I panicked because my ps2 wouldnt turn on I kept hitting reset and got very upset, i then remembered the switch in the back :D

I dont know much about power but could you have caused some kind of surge from unplugging it while it was drawing power?

It's possible that he blew the power supply fuse, but it's pretty easy to get to so I wouldn't get too worried.

well, a fuse would smell burnt or be singed if it was fscked up, wouldn't it? Cuz I opened the unit and the fuse in the back near the power supply looked fine.

Well then the worse case scenario would be that your power supply has had its components damaged. I actually just fixed one for a customer last night, by giving him a new PSU.

Have you tried plugging anything else in the outlet to make sure that you didnt throw a breaker? Also, make sure that the power cord is firmly in the PS2. You might have pulled it out a little.

heatsinker said:
Well then the worse case scenario would be that your power supply has had its components damaged. I actually just fixed one for a customer last night, by giving him a new PSU.

:( how much did that cost him?

If something was wrong with the PSU would you be able to tell just by looking at it? Because everything looked fine, it wasn't dusty, it wasn't dirty.. I'm hoping it's the fuse, but that dosen't seem likely.

I charged him $25 for the part and the install. Anywhere else it would have been over $35 (Rich's PSX Parts charges $35 for the PSU alone).

Visually there was nothing wrong with his PSU, but the fuse wasn't blown and the switch itself wasn't damaged so I guess it must have been the components.

hmmm... if that's the problem with mine it will be difficult getting one for much less than the cost of a new console. Ahh well, I suppose I will make some phone calls.

Back