PS3 firmware 2.0 list.

Aerobahn

Limp Gawd
The new PlayStation 3 firmware update is upon us and PSU has the latest details of all the updates. The new features/changes are as follows:

* Users
- You can now password-protect user accounts.

* Settings
- [Dynamic Normalizer] has been added as an option under [Sound Settings].
- [Energy Saver] has been added as an option.
- [Equalizer] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
- [Full] has been added as an option for [DVD Wide Display] under [BD / DVD Settings].
- [Photo Settings] has been added as an option.
- [PS / PS2 Settings] has been added as an option.
- [RSS Channel Settings] has been added as an option.
- [Sample Rate] has been added to [Audio CD Import] under [Music Settings].
- [Screen Saver] has been expanded under [Display Settings].
- The method of selecting an output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].
- [Theme Settings] has been added as an option.
- [Zero Unused Disk Space] has been added as an option under [System Settings] > [Format Utility].

* Photo
- Additional slideshow effects have been added.
- [Photo Effects] have been added as a feature.
- Wallpaper feature has been added.
- [Zoom] has been added as a feature.

* Music
- Additional visualization effects have been added.
- CD information can now be entered.
- Three-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature.

* Video
- Files can now be played sequentially.
- Three-speed fast forward and fast reverse has been added as a feature.
- You can now select [Zoom] under [Screen Mode] when playing video files saved on the hard disk or storage media.*.
*An appropriate USB adapter (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.

* Game
- Support for PlayStation 3 format software titles has been expanded.
- XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) is now accessible during gameplay.

* Network
- [RSS Channel] has been added as a feature.

* Friends
- You can now have multiple chat sessions.
- You can now select an image to use as your Avatar from [Photo].

* Other
- Date and Time is now shown when the PS button is pressed.
- File sorting has been changed.
- [Help] has been added as a feature.
- Playability status with the PS3™ system has changed for some PlayStation® and PlayStation®2 format titles.
To check on the latest status, visit the search site for compatible titles.
- [Secure Delete] has been added as an option.
- Some PlayStation Network features have been revised

Best update ever! lol

People are saying that it could hit as early as tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

Upscaling doesn't even make a noticeable difference anyway. After seeing an upconverted DVD i'm just not getting excited about that anymore. If these updates are true, then it will be some features that are definitely needed. I wish we could play music in games though. They better get shit going soon.

finally :)

It would also be nice if a custom background can be set, alas thats for some other update...

edit: Nevermind, I take that back. They are including a wallpaper option. Sweet :)

I cannot find anything about this PS3 2.0 firmware update. All i find is PSP 2.0 updates. You sure about this?

Upscaling doesn't even make a noticeable difference anyway. After seeing an upconverted DVD i'm just not getting excited about that anymore. If these updates are true, then it will be some features that are definitely needed. I wish we could play music in games though. They better get shit going soon.

Speak for yourself. With the right setup upscaled DVDs can bring the right SD title to near HD quality. You might not care for upconversion, but its a feature that many PS3 users would welcome with open arms.

For someone that doesn't have a PS3 yet, can anybody explain the exciting bits here?

I see a lot of stuff but don't understand what most of it is!

I'd think that the main things most people want are up-conversion of PS1/2 games and DVD's as well as the ability to access the menu from within games. Right now when you hit the PS button in a game, it gives you the option to quit a game, change the controller, power down the system, and such. While that's not bad, it's a far cry from the 360's menu.

- You can now select an image to use as your Avatar from [Photo].

Top things I am mostly looking forward too...So now this means you can get to your global friends list from in-game...sweet.

Okay, the scoop:

The details were originally posted by a poster in the official PlayStation 3 forums. Not just any poster, mind you, but by the very same poster that USUALLY updates the official update thread (which they revise every time a new update is released). I don't know if she had mod/admin status (could be possible), but she's been 100% reliable up until now, and after her post was posted, it was taken down within an hour by another mod/admin.

That's the story.

hehehe sounds awesome

Sounds like the only thing ive been doing on the ps3 has been updating it lol :D :D

Any ETA on this update?

ya never, its a fake. its amazing how unvalidated news fly's across the internet. psu stole the info from a post on the playstation forums and ran with it. she said her account got hacked and that whatever was posted is a lie

I dont know still...Its amazing for that to be a lie. Its not like there was a major change in it...I bet it was a leak.

On the NEOGAF forums some one posted something about the update, and seems to be true.

check official ps forum. dont know how much more proof you need than that...it makes me wonder how old some of the people on these sites are honestly. after the chick said it was fake theres still more speculation that the "hacker" is trying to cover up his initial "hack" or sony paid her off to keep theyre secret.

anonymity is the worst thing about the internet, you cant see the nut cases for who they are

check official ps forum. dont know how much more proof you need than that...it makes me wonder how old some of the people on these sites are honestly. after the chick said it was fake theres still more speculation that the "hacker" is trying to cover up his initial "hack" or sony paid her off to keep theyre secret.

anonymity is the worst thing about the internet, you cant see the nut cases for who they are

Same things were said about the 360 elite and iphone...

I dont know still...Its amazing for that to be a lie. Its not like there was a major change in it...I bet it was a leak.
For sure. It's not as if they came out and said that they're making Wii compatibility or something. :D

- [Dynamic Normalizer] has been added as an option under [Sound Settings].
- [Energy Saver] has been added as an option.
- [Equalizer] has been added as a feature under [Music Settings].
- [Full] has been added as an option for [DVD Wide Display] under [BD / DVD Settings].
- [Photo Settings] has been added as an option.
- [PS / PS2 Settings] has been added as an option.
- [RSS Channel Settings] has been added as an option.
- [Sample Rate] has been added to [Audio CD Import] under [Music Settings].
- [Screen Saver] has been expanded under [Display Settings].
- The method of selecting an output resolution has been changed in [Video Output Settings] under [Display Settings].
- [Theme Settings] has been added as an option.
- [Zero Unused Disk Space] has been added as an option under [System Settings] > [Format Utility].

* Video
- An appropriate USB adapter (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.

* Other
- Date and Time is now shown when the PS button is pressed.
- File sorting has been changed.
- [Help] has been added as a feature.
- [Secure Delete] has been added as an option.

I don't just think someone made up those...Those are so many small things that someone wouldn't just make up off the wall...if they did then they are a great convincer(is that a word?)...

I don't just think someone made up those...Those are so many small things that someone wouldn't just make up off the wall...if they did then they are a great convincer(is that a word?)...

Yes. I too would agree they must not have a life to make up such a large detailed list.

FACT! until the day all actions are punishable via your ip

would sure like to see some of these options materialize tho. but where's the HD DVD player :D

G'ßöö;1031061154 said:
FACT! until the day all actions are punishable via your ip

would sure like to see some of these options materialize tho. but where's the HD DVD player :D

True but an ip won't give let you see how the wierdo's look and act tho. i wonder sometimes how many people on here look like dwight from the office......scary shit man

hd-dvd player? for ps3? never heard of that one before. but im pretty sure it'll make it to the front page of gamespot in a couple days saying sony confirmed hd-dvd player w/ 2.0 firmware!!!

Back