PS3 firmware 2.41 out

I would assume so. I'll have to try it when I get home...although I'm pretty sure it won't add anything except a new installer.

Yeah it's 2.41 like I suspected. Just to keep everyone around the same level. I'm updating right now.

Wouldn't be ironic if the 2.41 firmware bricked those of us who managed to get 2.40?

Wouldn't be ironic if the 2.41 firmware bricked those of us who managed to get 2.40?

That would definitely suck. However, I had 2.40 and 2.41 downloaded and installed fine, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

That would definitely suck. However, I had 2.40 and 2.41 downloaded and installed fine, so I wouldn't be too worried about it.

Ya I wasn't really worried, just joking around. Mine updated fine from 2.40 to 2.41.

I would assume so. I'll have to try it when I get home...although I'm pretty sure it won't add anything except a new installer.

There are a few changes.

The Platinum Trophy icon is now different, (apparantly) there is a 4th tab to your friends profile now, and now Warhawk is unlocked to all accounts!!

RE: WH I've seen no mention of account restrictions being lifted with the 1.3 patch so I'm assuming 2.40/2.41 has done this, I'd guess it'd be the same for a ll games locked to specific accounts :D

...and now Warhawk is unlocked to all accounts!!

Does that mean you can download the game on multiple systems now? I don't own the game, so it really doesn't apply to me, but it is pretty cool if Sony allows people with multiple systems to play the game on all of them.

Does that mean you can download the game on multiple systems now? I don't own the game, so it really doesn't apply to me, but it is pretty cool if Sony allows people with multiple systems to play the game on all of them.

I would assume so yeah. I know ppl that share their username and passwords and get the games each other hasn't bought....with the account restriction lifted that should also apply here.

have no clue why everytime i try to update from 2.36 to 2.41 it gives an error....anyone else have a similar problem?

Does it get to about 4% then give you the error?

If so it's the error that too many people are downloading and try again later.

Back