PS3 GTHD free download ingame screenshots...Wow! (Pics Inside...)

miskari said:
omg a demo!! of a game build on the GT4 engine!!! no damage roflcopterownedlolz!!11 .....right.....

Well if you're going to go that route, GT4 should have had damage. Give me a break....

oops, I didn't realize I was dealing with a phanboi. How else could someone defend a racing game of this stature that is missing such a huge component?

That being said, it does look amazing. Simple amazing.

roaf85 said:
what do you get when you take Gran Turismo 4, do not change anything, run it through the PS3, and charge people buy their own cars? A new exclusive Gran Turismo game. That is cool the cars look all real and shiny, but the lack of damage, misinformation on cars, no online mode etc. I mean Forza does have its shortcomings but only 1 game released under the Forza name it managed to do more than what the GT series has done in 4 games.

I will wait till Forza 2 to pass a final judgement, but since GT2 not much has changed with the GT series. Rinse and repeat.

Since when are they charging u to buy cars in the GTHD demo u moron.
Get ur facts right.
Plus this is a free demo. Not the full GT5 game.
Am sure most of the missing features will be included in the full game.

IIRC:

Damage can't be shown if the game company does not have license from the car manufacturers to show the cars being damaged. I believe its a few of the high end exotics that create such a stink about it. ferrari, porsche, etc...

Thats one of the reasons its been done so rarely in games with officially licensed vehicles...

Luke_Skywalker said:
Not that impressive I could see the Wii doing this in a year or so.

that has got to be the FUNNNIEST thing i've read in awhile actually made me LOL

i dont think there are many game where you can total an official car realistically apart from colin mcrae etc

The first two are in 1080i and the last two are in 720p. It's pretty cool how you can see the spectators in the side-mirrors.

photo122706001wl5.jpg

photo122706002tx5.jpg

photo122706003ik2.jpg

photo122706004xd2.jpg

Okay... so I'll be the dork who asks. :)

I heard this was a Japanese demo, so I didn't expect it to be available for US PS3 users. I take it from the talk and the pics, it IS available for us after all?

it looks very jaggy to me...... is this just because its a still shot or does it look that jaggy in motion as well?

AC!D-RXN said:
it looks very jaggy to me...... is this just because its a still shot or does it look that jaggy in motion as well?

I'm sure a lot of the imperfections are exaggerated by using a camera to take the "screenshots"

Oh yeah sorry! I'm using the camera in my Treo 650! I know I know, and yes it does look 10x better in motion. Just download some HD fotage from gametrailers.com and see!

I can't see any jaggies on my 1080p LCD with HDMI cable. Damn graphics are priceless! :D

Honestly, i almost went out and bought a ps3 when i heard about this demo being released. However, i'm still a little disappointed about a GT game(demo, w/e) STILL not having damage on the cars, skid marks(not that big of a deal),or online play :\

Still psyched to give it a try though, i can't get enough of the screenshots.

MERKMAN said:
I can't see any jaggies on my 1080p LCD with HDMI cable. Damn graphics are priceless! :D

damn straight. one cant really appreciate a PS3 until they've seen it coupled to a 1080p LCD.

thats why I love my Sony 40" XBR2 and my PS3 setup. its soooo nice and the graphics look even better.

Now if they could spend some time tweaking it´s crappy physics modelling instead of the visuals they have done since the original Gran Tourismo...

How do it drive? Is it the standard GT understeering driving model? Can you feel bumps in the road? Do the G25 work well with the demo?

Do different suspension setups and other things cause realistic effects on the handling?
Graphics is nice but it´s the handling that makes it last more then a week in a racing game.

Timbowens said:
Well if you're going to go that route, GT4 should have had damage. Give me a break....

oops, I didn't realize I was dealing with a phanboi. How else could someone defend a racing game of this stature that is missing such a huge component?

That being said, it does look amazing. Simple amazing.
oh please....i was commenting on the fact that the Demo was being bashed. cant even really call it a demo...yea sure GT4 should have had damage but thats not whats being debated. GTHD is a showcase of what GT4 would have looked like in HD, its not a new game which you should expect more features in....now if GT5 didn't have damage that would be a letdown

Looks outstanding in 720p

Too bad i dont have a HDTV though.I thought GT4 looked amazing already though.. this game has to realllly surpass it for me. i have to see them side to side on a tv of my own.

hmm I think this thread is the answer why the physics sucks so much in the GT series. Everyone is so blinded by the beautiful graphics in it :).

I would be a bit weary though. When you finally get it it may be dumbed down a bit. Has happened many times before. I am certain it will look great though but then the F1 game look even better if you ask me if you talk graphics...

Do GT have dynamic day/night cycles/rain and other stuff?

oqvist said:
I would be a bit weary though. When you finally get it it may be dumbed down a bit.
Can you explain when it has happened before? If you look at the jump between GT2000 and GT3, which is the same situation with GTHD and GT5, there were improvements not downgrades due to the extra development time.

oqvist said:
hmm I think this thread is the answer why the physics sucks so much in the GT series. Everyone is so blinded by the beautiful graphics in it :).

Just wondering, have you played GTHD at all? The physics are definately improved over GT4. Sure theres no damage yet, but the actual driving physics have been imrpoved. Damage will be in GT5.

edit:
For anybody wondering. Heres slides for GTHD during TGS before it was canceled. Meaning that pretty much everything you see here will most likely show up in GT5...

115890032703.jpg

115890198308.jpg

No I haven´t tried it thus I am askin :).

I mean they haven´t worked on the physics engine only the graphics since GT 2 :)

It has happened a lot of times. Oblivion one example. There is others as well.

I am not saying it has happened that Doom 2 looks worse then Doom or Half Life 2 looks worse half life I am talking of early builds looking better then the final version.

In term of PS 3 motorstorm seem to be a perfect example ;)

oqvist said:
No I haven´t tried it thus I am askin :).

I mean they haven´t worked on the physics engine only the graphics since GT 2 :)

It has happened a lot of times. Oblivion one example. There is others as well.

I am not saying it has happened that Doom 2 looks worse then Doom or Half Life 2 looks worse half life I am talking of early builds looking better then the final version.

In term of PS 3 motorstorm seem to be a perfect example ;)
Technically, GT2000 was an early build of GT3. And technically GTHD is an early build of GT5.

Bad_Boy said:
Technically, GT2000 was an early build of GT3. And technically GTHD is an early build of GT5.

lets see what they do with it then.

Luke_Skywalker said:
Not that impressive I could see the Wii doing this in a year or so.
ok, i'll bite on this huge flamebait.

if the wii can't do this NOW, it won't be able to do it in "a year or so".

also, the ps3 CAN do this now. take your fucking flamebait elsewhere.

what do you get when you take Gran Turismo 4, do not change anything, run it through the PS3, and charge people buy their own cars? A new exclusive Gran Turismo game
you get a free demo of a game that has been SCRAPPED. this demo is of GTHD, which was recently cancelled, GT5 is what we will be buying. full price, no charge for cars or tracks.

santaliqueur said:
ok, i'll bite on this huge flamebait.

if the wii can't do this NOW, it won't be able to do it in "a year or so".

also, the ps3 CAN do this now. take your fucking flamebait elsewhere.

I do agree its flamebait but I disagree with the Wii cant do it part. It probably wont be able to do it as the PS3 graphics are more powerful than the Wii's but the Wii's graphics are going to improve over time. Look at PS2 graphics from launch all the way to now. There were significant improvements. But yes due to the lack of graphics power in the Wii (not making fun of the Wii just telling it how it is as Nintendo even said the graphics chip is about 5% faster than the Gamecubes graphics) it probably wont be able to pull of this high of graphics but doesnt mean Wii graphics are going to stay the same as they are now.

-=cypher=- said:

ROFL! Is that guys hand backwards or what?

EDIT: Also, ROFLMAO at how many people took "Luke_Skywalker's" comment seriously. Quick get your guns, someone said something bad about the ps3.

Hyperblau said:
ROFL! Is that guys hand backwards or what?

EDIT: Also, ROFLMAO at how many people took "Luke_Skywalker's" comment seriously. Quick get your guns, someone said something bad about the ps3.

looks like he is bending his pinky like we do :rolleyes:

Looks pretty good. I had a chance to play it @ my cousin's for a weekend. I must say, though, I wasn't as impressed. Since the crap GT4, I was expecting a major revamp. Looks just about the same as PGR3. I will always love GT3 forever as my fave GT. Forza was a very nice surprise, and I will wait till 2 comes out along with GT5 to compare. As of now I can only say "looks pretty good," but not "OMG."

IWill GT 5 have a bonnet view at least like Forza 2?

I really need to sit in a cockpit but if I can´t get that at least a bonnet view... So unrealistic sitting behind or on your bumper and drive...

oqvist said:
IWill GT 5 have a bonnet view at least like Forza 2?

I really need to sit in a cockpit but if I can´t get that at least a bonnet view... So unrealistic sitting behind or on your bumper and drive...
Not sure about a bonnet view in GT5 but it will have a cockpit view.

Martyr said:
the wii is alot more powerful than the cube

Okay... threadcrap on!!!

More powerful? Are you freakin nuts? They added motion controllers, and the ability to play older games. They made it about as much "more powerful" as a 2006 Accord is vs a 2007. (That ain't really much, for those playing along at home.)

My only grip about the Wii from the beginning was Nintendo was releasing a system that wasn't going to keep up with the 360 or the PS3. If this thing had a better gfx card, and did 1080p, I'd have been on the bandwagon from the beginning. :D

As it stands... I broke down just before Christmas and got one. Zelda with the nunchuck, remote, gold leaf collector's guide, and wii sports finally broke me down. But it was a SERIOUS fight until then... I SWEAR!!! ;)

Threadcrap off!!! I now return to reading the rest of the thread, so I can post about stuff the thread is SUPPOSED to be about. :)

what is bonnet view?

it must be what i refer to as the "high bumper view", like in PGR3, you have the in car view, then the view like you are laying on the hood, then the view like you are looking out from the front bumper, etc.....

i personally play on this high bumper view, it makes it a fair bit more challenging than the other views, actual bumper view is pretty useless, in car view is more of a novelty than anything as it obscures the view too much, and third person view behind the car is far too easy as it gives you an unfair perspective of the track

Okay... turns out I'd read most of the thread before, so I don't have too much else to add.

I'll mention that I have 2 Driving Force Pro wheels for PC/PS2/PS3, and I hope to break one out this weekend and try it with GTHD. I've unlocked 3 cars giving me 4 in the "time trial" mode so far, and though the cars don't handle exactly Iike I'd expect them to in real life... I haven't driven most of these cars, and the "test track" they have you drive IS different than traffic in downtown Seattle. :D

Overall, I've always been a big fan of the GT series... even 4, so take that for what it's worth. I do think the license tests are a SERIOUS pain in the ass, and it would be nice to be able to win enough money on races to buy better cars without re-running the same races OVER and OVER in order to have enough for the next ones. Maybe they'll make GT5 better in that respect.

As for the G25, the latest Logitech Racing Wheel, does anyone here have one? I'll admit it, I've never driven a stick, so that wheel looks like a VERY cool way to learn. But at $300, after all the OTHER gadgets, systems, and things I've gotten lately... that's on the backburner. My current obsession is playing PS1 games on my PSP. ;)

MERKMAN said:
Okay... threadcrap on!!!

More powerful? Are you freakin nuts? They added motion controllers, and the ability to play older games. They made it about as much "more powerful" as a 2006 Accord is vs a 2007. (That ain't really much, for those playing along at home.)

great, more shit to close a thread over.

Wii is considerably more powerful than the gamecube. Noone says it´s as powerful as the 360 and PS 3. That there ain´t proof of that in the game that is out now is another story ;).

As for bonnet view. It´s the standard view of you lying on your bonnet and driving. I preferr to sit in a cockpit like I do IRL when driving a car. In car simulations there is really no benefit of driving behind your car and drive. Bonnet view maybe but once you learn a track there aren´t much of a difference really.

Bonnet view is a bit of a cheat if you ask me but for console games don´t matter much and since those don´t simulate driving a car it´s often a benefit being behind... Though I just can´t drive with that view for very long since it´s someone else that is driving my damn car...

bumper view except for giving good speed sensation it´s pretty pointless. Except RBR. The speedsensation in the bumper view helps you not being to heavy on the throttle pedal and easier to see where you put your front wheels.

GTR 2 is a school example on how to setup the views. bumper bonnet and splendid in car cockpits where you can alter the height of the seat and forward/backwards as well as fov if you want that. It also has full TrackIR support.

It do have this chase car view as well that is quite close to the car by default.

Back