PS3 has the red blinking light

0zzie

Weaksauce
After nearly 3 years my PS3 has kicked the bucket and got the red blinking light last night. If anything, I'll by a NEW PS3/slim. Anyone else had this problem yet? I did a quick google search and it seems like it's some sort of hardware problem.

At least I got my 360 to keep my company now.

After nearly 3 years my PS3 has kicked the bucket and got the red blinking light last night. If anything, I'll by a NEW PS3/slim. Anyone else had this problem yet? I did a quick google search and it seems like it's some sort of hardware problem.

At least I got my 360 to keep my company now.

red blinking light? are you sure you didn't manually press the PS3 power button too long and reset the video settings for the PS3?

Red blinking light is the YLOD (assuming it flashes once yellow first).

red blinking light? are you sure you didn't manually press the PS3 power button too long and reset the video settings for the PS3?
Don't think so. I tried turning off and on the power switch (located on the rear) but it continues to flash red.

Don't think so. I tried turning off and on the power switch (located on the rear) but it continues to flash red.
Switch your display output. I'm guessing your on HDMI? Go back to the composite AV cables just to double check.

Try a video reset?

Press and hold the power button for a few seconds, should hear a double beep.

That should fix it if that is the problem

if it actually is dead i would send it back to sony to be repaired for $150, especially if it is a 60gb

I tried all suggested "remedies" and it's official, PS3 is dead (YLOD)

:(

I would try to repair it yourself. I am sure there is someone out there with the same issue.

Possibly, but I rather save myself the stress if that person's service fails after a couple of months, etc.

I've tried the baking "trick" on 2 PS3's.

neither of which were successful.

the 3rd one... well... let's just say I ended up with a Kiosk unit that's useless :rolleyes: :D

Back