PS3 I got!!! What games?

wopsang

Gawd
I got a PS3 for Christmas!!! And I've been playing with it for 9 hours straight... I think I've gone blind...

I've played a couple game demos and I have to say I love this thing. Although FPS games are... slower... it's still fun! :D

Now I know there are a lot of things to consider... but what GOOD time consumer should I get? Give me some suggestions to waste away some leisure time on when I don't have to work or go to school.

Pics or I call shens!

J/K :p

I got a new HDD, A Sapphire 3850, and a few new games! Have a merry X-mas!

Games? There are none for the ps3...:D

j/k

Congrats on the ps3. I heard Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Motorstorm (unless you have the 80giger), Fight night round 3, Warhawk, and rock band are good titles. Theres plenty more. Dont forget the movies too. Watching in HD is unbelievable.

Man, I realize that the PS3 is getting better with their library of games. So people saying that there isn't any good games for the ps3 are blind.

I just got a ps3 for xmas too. Since I've been traveling, I've had little chance to open it up and try out Motorstorm. I remember reading somewhere that you can get five free blu-ray dvds for buying a ps3, kinda like HD-DVD's own promotion. Does this still exist and will the forms be in the box? (sorry for the semi-thread-jack)

Rachet and Clank, Uncharted, Resistance, Dark Kingdoms, Heavenly Sword are all very fun.

Congrats on the PS3. I love mine.

I just got a ps3 for xmas too. Since I've been traveling, I've had little chance to open it up and try out Motorstorm. I remember reading somewhere that you can get five free blu-ray dvds for buying a ps3, kinda like HD-DVD's own promotion. Does this still exist and will the forms be in the box? (sorry for the semi-thread-jack)

http://bluraysavings.com/

Just got my 5 Blu-Rays in the mail last week. Took them approx. 6 weeks to deliver, but i got them.

There's a bunch of decent games right now. I recommend watching the G4 X-Play holiday guide.

Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted are pretty Hott!

Ninja Gaiden and Resistance FoMare pretty good too!

I saw those 5 free blu-ray dvds coupons a couple months ago and I just mailed it!

This Playstation is so damn good looking! Are those games by Sony any good? From the PS store?

Oh man I also just tried the Burnout Paradise demo... holy crap I nearly shat my pants it looked so good!

Edit: Sorry I haven't had so much eye candy in a while. School, girlfriend, work, trying to get a career started... so stressful...

Drake's Fortune looks amazing and the demo wasn't bad... is that worth a buy or rent?

Get NHL08 by EA and Fifa08 by EA. Those are about the only kinds of games I like on the consoles. Fight Night Round3 is good too if you want to beat up a friend or two.

Oh man Fifa08... I got my buddy XboxLive Gold and he honestly has told me that Fifa08 has ruined his life with all that online stuff...

I think I might rent Fight Night Round 3 and kick some ass ;)

Arg I can't wait for MGS4 and RE5...

Ordered one last Friday, should be here by the end of the week. Personally, I'm interested in picking up Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Ninja Gaiden and Ratchet & Clank (comes with bundle:)). Forgot to add, going to pick up Resistance tomorrow too if I can find it at Wal-mart (Boxing Day sale so only $40).

I've heard Heavenly Sword is good, but repititive and short so that's a rental. Maybe Lair as a rental... maybe...

Not interested in CoD4 cause I tried the PC demo and it seemed too same 'ole (that and someone in the house has it and Assassin's Creed on Xbox).

Drake's Fortune looks amazing and the demo wasn't bad... is that worth a buy or rent?

If you are a power gamer and you have plenty of time this holiday season I suggest renting:

Drake's
Heavenly Sword
Timeshift
Ratchet & Clank
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Fear
The Darkness
Stranglehold

Timeshift does have multiplayer but no one really plays it online for either PS3 or 360. The single player is pretty cool, but like all those titles, quite short with little replay value. Overall the games are very good but for the time spent playing, it's hard to justify $60 on each.

For games to own I suggest:

Call of Duty 4
Orange Box
Unreal Tournament III
Folklore
Rock Band
Oblivion

UT3 for the novelty of modding/usermaps + keyboard/mouse on a PS3 if nothing else. It's also an easy game to show off to people who aren't hardcore since it has little setup to play and a low, low, low learning curve.

Games you should rent before you consider buying:
Assassin's Creed
Resistance: Fall of Man
Dynasty Warriors 6
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Bladestorm
Blacksite: Area 51
Warhawk

A lot of these titles depends on what you have for the PC already.

Is ninja gaiden for the PS3 the same exact one for Xbox?

It's basically an updated version, much like how Devil May Cry 3 had that special director's cut. It has some new moves, weapons, and a new playable character (you experience the storyline from Rachael's POV).

If you already beat the Xbox one, you probably don't want to bother unless you're really into Ninja Gaiden.

I just got a PS3 as well, but I plan to use it mainly as a Blu-ray player. Everything that I would buy for the PS3 I already have or will buy for the 360, although I might pick up Formula 1 if I can find it. Heavenly Sword, Drakes and Ratchet look like decent games, but the first two are pretty short from what I hear and platform games aren't my thing.

I can't wait to get my Lost Season 3 blu-ray in the mail, managed to order it online for $25!

It's basically an updated version, much like how Devil May Cry 3 had that special director's cut. It has some new moves, weapons, and a new playable character

Along with improved graphics. If you're a fan of the series, it's a must buy. :drool:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma (full price if you've never played it, like me, if you have played NG or NGB just wait for a price drop)
Uncharted
Ratchet and Clank Future

Then I suppose Resistance and Motorstorm, though I don't feel they are worth $60 a piece and I'm willing to bet my PS3 on both of them showing up in a PS3 GH line which should be right around the corner... they really need something to compete with MS and hell, even Nintendo, who has good games for $30 (RE 4 for one). Sony doesn't really have any of it's decent games, even though over a year old, cheaper than $60.

If you don't have a decent PC and / or a 360, there is loads others that were recommending previously. If you want, imo, the best of the best, or already have a PC / 360, the top three games are the best the system has to offer and are the best choices for full price games. I feel R&C and Uncharted are definitely worth $60 a piece, short or not, as they show the best of what the PS3 has to offer in terms of the entire experience.

I mean, Resistance may have been worth $60 when the PS3 launched, but it's been out for over a year, and cmon, Sony *always* has a GH program... just not sure why they are deciding to take forever rolling one out.

I got a PS3 for Christmas!!! And I've been playing with it for 9 hours straight... I think I've gone blind...

I've played a couple game demos and I have to say I love this thing. Although FPS games are... slower... it's still fun! :D

Now I know there are a lot of things to consider... but what GOOD time consumer should I get? Give me some suggestions to waste away some leisure time on when I don't have to work or go to school.

What type of tv do you have? I saw Uncharted on my brothers like 50in hdtv and it was mindblowing.

I mean, Resistance may have been worth $60 when the PS3 launched, but it's been out for over a year, and cmon, Sony *always* has a GH program... just not sure why they are deciding to take forever rolling one out.

Uncharted and Ratchet, even Heavenly Sword are reference games. They really show off the system. Although they can all be finished in one day of persistent play.

I bought Resistance at launch and have no regret but it should be a discount title soon. Resistance 2 is going to be insane. An Insomniac Games programmer said Ratchet Future extracts 3 times as much muscle from the PS3 than their first effort, Resistance. And that he believes their next title could see just as large an increase from the PS3 hardware.

I'm still optimistic even shovelware ops like EA will eventually gain enough rudimentary PS3 programming skill to match the same quality standard of their X360 ports.

All these suggestions look great! Tomorrow I'm going in to Best Buy to get that price protection thing on R6V and put that 40 towards either Uncharted or COD4... or a headset :p

Assassins Creed I won't mind buying because of the fact of that sneaking stuff. But really heading my eyes towards COD4. :)

The Simpsons demo was REALLY fun... but frustrating. I guess I'll see what's left tomorrow when I get to Best Buy.

Uncharted and Ratchet and clank are a must buy. 2 of the most fun I have had in games in a LONG time.
Resistance is very good and fun as well, COD4 is as well. Ninja gaiden is very pretty and fun but very hard also.

I'm still optimistic even shovelware ops like EA will eventually gain enough rudimentary PS3 programming skill to match the same quality standard of their X360 ports.

LOL I found that comment really amusing. They probably will just hire some people to do it once for them, then fire them, then release incremental sequels at $60 a pop every year.

...and put that 40 towards either Uncharted or COD4... or a headset :p

Do yourself a favor and pick up WarHawk. I've seen it for under $50 and it comes with a fairly good headset. Couple that with the game being outstanding and you have a winner!

Uncharted and Ratchet and clank are a must buy. 2 of the most fun I have had in games in a LONG time.
Resistance is very good and fun as well, COD4 is as well. Ninja gaiden is very pretty and fun but very hard also.

I completely agree! I rented Ratchet and Clank, beat it, and then I wanted to play it again so I bought it. I have Uncharted out right now from Gamefly and I'm loving it so far.

Resistance, COD4, Heavenly Sword, Dirt, Motorstorm, Assassians Creed, Orange Box, and The Darkness are good.

I will also suggest God of War 2 for the PS2. I picked up a used copy and that game is sweet! It looks great on the PS3....:eek:

Same question those of us who have a had a Ps3 for a while have been asking..

That was not needed. I could say I have been having that problem with my 360 :eek:

As for what titles to get Ratchet and Clank is great! Uncharted is awesome! Heavenly Sword is what moved me to purchase the system. I am not a power gamer and I play titles about 2hrs per sitting and swap for another game etc., so what may be short to some, is not for me as I stretch my game play out. I have beaten Heavenly Sword and going through on a second play to finish the unlockables, etc. I've beaten Uncharted and will be doing the same for it. COD4 is awesome. I am playing through the campaign and I am not disappointed at all. Online I have yet to try for fear of being pwned very hard. Resistance, while being a launch title, does have a strong community and Insomniac has supported the game very well. I really don't think you have any wrong choices to make, just which will you get first! Enjoy!

The 3 games that have an enormous amount of replaybility are F1 Championship Edition , Dirt, Tekken DR and Skate. I believe I played the Skate demo for 2 months, before I actually bought it. As for F1 Champ Edition, I bought a used copy for $29 off Gamefly ( Since BD discs are prone to scratching, this was a no brainer purchase since it was used). If you wish to take on console shooters on the PS3. RFOM is a good choice with COD4 coming in a close second. RFOM is the only console shooter to provide 40 man multiplayer with ZERO graphic and server lag. To be honest, I'm sick of playing shooters on my console that don't have mouse support ( minus UT3 of course) and still play TF2 on the PC.

Maybe he should just get some movies, lol

Note: I'm not against the ps3, i just don't have one and feel like starting crap right now.

so far the PS3 doesn't really have any games that I would spend more than a few hours on......BUT THEY WILL

Disgaea 3, White knight chronicles, FFXIII, Eternal Sonata, God of War III, Golden axe, GTAIV, littlebigplanet, MGS4, Pirates VS ninjas dodgeball, Resident Evil 5, PERSONA 4 (so excited for), Silent Hill V, Soulcalibur IV, Star Ocean 4, street fighter iv, Tears to Tiara, Valkyrie of the battlefield, Zone of Enders 3.

PS3 is looking good in dafuture.

Maybe he should just get some movies, lol

Note: I'm not against the ps3, i just don't have one and feel like starting crap right now.
That's basically what I'm using my PS3 for...after you get through the small list of exclusives then all that is left are games that I've already played on 360. I'm not saying the PS3 is crap or trying to start a fanboy war but...the fact is that the current (available right at this moment...not next month or next year) lineup of games is not stellar.

I got Assassins Creed and for the most part I love it... but the game froze hard in two different spots and forced me to reset my ps3.

I read on Ubisoft's forum that this was a problem and there was a patch release but the problem is still there for a lot of people. Doesn't look like anyone is trying to fix it. Kinda pisses me off...

Back