PS3 Move can be great!

Movieesa

Gawd
I recently have been using the Move a decent amount and I just wanted to see if people were having the same experience as me. I tried it with Kill Zone 3 and I also have the Sharpshooter. The control seems to constantly drift too the right and I can't seem to fix it. I haven't played the game much cause I really just want to do it with a working solution with the move. I was thinking it was my controller until I bought Heavy Rain. Holy smokes!!! This is amazing with it! No drift, responsive and calibrates amazingly!! I wish the games did it like this!! Anyone feel the same?

My roomate has one and it's a pretty cool toy. It has a lot of the same issues that the Wii had though.

For games like the one that it shipped with (the sports game, can't think of it's name off hand), it works great. Frisbee golf is a lot of fun and surprisingly accurate. It's actually helped my IRL game a little.

Killzone, on the other hand, isn't very good. It has all of the downsides that the Wii had in trying to make a motion controller work with a FPS. It was a good effort, but I'll take a regular controller over the move any day of the week. When developers make a game that's supposed to use that type of controller, they usually work very well.... however, when they're shoe-horning support into a game that was designed for a controller, it usually turns out awful.

I was thinking about picking up the Socom bundle but now I'm holding off since I heard the game isn't so great and I don't really see a lot of games utilizing Move at the moment.

My question is, does your arms get tired or cramp up or anything after long gaming sessions? I see some people complaining that their arms get tired after 30 mins of playing.

I can't speak for the shooters, but with Heavy Rain it's works so well!!! No worry about the cramping but I found myself so many times off my seat sweating and screaming!!!

Killzone 3 w/ Rifle accessory + Move > Killzone 3 w/ Move

My question is, does your arms get tired or cramp up or anything after long gaming sessions? I see some people complaining that their arms get tired after 30 mins of playing.

Depends on your fitness level. How would you cope holding a plastic rifle at the screen for long periods? Some sit down and rest their elbows on their knees but I could see that hurting your back after a while.

I find the sharpshooter move combo to be really good (only played with Socom). After getting use to the input lag and adjusting some settings, it works really well for me. I am completely hopeless using the DS3 without aim assist so the move is worth it for me.

As for the drifting to the left/right (and input lag), I stopped noticing it when I do not use the sharpshooter's sight to aim. I just keep the sharpshooter lowered and focus on the movement of the crosshair on the screen. There might be some slight deviation in the sharpshooter's alignment to the screen but I no longer notice it when I just focus on what I see on the screen only.

To alleviate fatigue, I frequently change my sitting position while sitting on the floor. I also try to keep my arms as close to my body as possible. By doing this, I do not use the sharpshooter's sight to aim.

I was thinking about picking up the Socom bundle but now I'm holding off since I heard the game isn't so great and I don't really see a lot of games utilizing Move at the moment.

This really depends on you. I never cramped but I do get tired... though it shouldn't be as fast as that, since you don't have to be hyper active all the time.

Yeah the move is fun when you have a few people over. Only played it twice by myself. I was lucky enough to score the socom 4 bundle for 100 bucks. So i basically got socom, the sharpshooter, and navi controller free. :)

The other thing i should mention I found that Tiger Woods 11 was terrible with it and have no interest in trying 12 until they sort it out. That was one purchase I'm sour about.

The reviews I read about Tiger Wood '11 said the Move support was craptastic so I didn't bother trying.

The Fight Lights Out is good if you enjoy boxing. I get a group of friends over and we pummel the shit out of each other. We're fit and play basketball regularly and still end up sore (arms and upper back) the next day. If you want an actual work out from your PS3 that game will deliver.

I'll try out the demo once the store is back online. One thing I have to mention is the lack of support on both this and the Kinect. I can't believe the lack of games! I know E3 is coming up but it really feels like they didn't care post launch and this was just a test for future systems.

My biggest problem with Playstation Move is that I'd really only use it on a couple of games so its hard to justify the $100 to buy a bundle with the camera, wand, etc.. Outside of Killzone 3 the only other game I think I'd use it for is Dead Space Extraction and maybe SOCOM.

Are there any big name Move supported titles coming?

I'll try out the demo once the store is back online. One thing I have to mention is the lack of support on both this and the Kinect. I can't believe the lack of games! I know E3 is coming up but it really feels like they didn't care post launch and this was just a test for future systems.

tbf Move has a much better variety of games than Kinect. Kinect really is Wii mk2 in our house, it's used solely for exercise/dancing and is one thing I do regret buying at the moment. Hopefully E3 will change that regret,

My biggest problem with Playstation Move is that I'd really only use it on a couple of games so its hard to justify the $100 to buy a bundle with the camera, wand, etc.. Outside of Killzone 3 the only other game I think I'd use it for is Dead Space Extraction and maybe SOCOM.

Are there any big name Move supported titles coming?

Tumble and Sports Champion are very good and I read very good things about Heavy Rain. Fight Lights out is surprisingly accurate too but that is a killer of upper body muscles if your unfit! Haven't really looked at anything else...like Kinect I'm sure E3 will promise lots.....

I loved Sports Champions as well but they really sho7uld have gone the extra set in those games. Online play can't be that hard to add on for games like that. Instead just feeling like a tech demo that I paid 50 dollars for.

Move Titles I have...........

FPS:
Modern Combat Domination - PSN Download
Resident Evil
The Shoot
Dead Space Extraction - PSN Download
Mag
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
KillZone 3 (3D)
Socom 4 (3D)

Sports:
Sports Champion
The Fight Lights Out
Top Darts - PSN Download
Brunswick Pro Bowling
Rapalla Pro Bass Fishing
KungFu Rider

Eye Toy:
Grand Turismo 5 (3D) - Does Head Tracking
Kung-Fu Live - PSN Download - you are the controller tracks your whole body puts you in the game

Last edited:
Never heard much about Resident Evil. Was it done well? I'm actually hoping they put a little effort into Code Veronica and make it move compatiable.

270902brp.jpg

Yes! Yes!

http://kotaku.com/5806374/damn-house-of-the-dead-overkills-coming-to-the-fucking-playstation-move/gallery/

Wonder what the price is. I only see myself paying 10 bucks at best. Really short game but I won't lie, very funny!!

Was anything move announced during E3? I'm having a hard time filtering out all the games that have been announced in general. I hope Resistance 3 gets the controls right compared to Killzone 3.

Was anything move announced during E3? I'm having a hard time filtering out all the games that have been announced in general. I hope Resistance 3 gets the controls right compared to Killzone 3.

Resistance 3 also to come bundled with 24" 3D TV and 1 pair of rechargable 3D stereo glasses $499.00 retail.

There's also a Sniper Rifle move controller coming that looks wicked!

Sony better get the device working a lot better before getting cocky enough to say its precise enough to be a sniper rifle. Unless they are saying the drifting aim in Killzone is the wind.

I guess I'm an outlier, I think the move controls for KZ3 are absolutely brilliant. I don't have the sharpshooter, so I'm just using my two hands. I set the deadzone to 0% so it moves very quickly as well as set my sensitivity around 20%.

I picked up a move bundle for ~$65 and I must say, I am surprised at how much I have enjoyed it so far with just Sports Champions. The device feels great to use, and the accuracy has been impressive. Looking forward to trying it out with Heavy Rain soon.

Newegg had them for $42 last week I was able to grab one and so far it's very nice :).

The playstation move isn't a bad piece of equipment but at it's price point, it's easier for people to purchase a nintendo wii to get the same experience.

That's a great point. Also microsoft seemes to be pushing the kinect more than the move which isn't helping.

I just started Heavy Rain with the Move last night (first play through, put in about 1.5-2 hours). Its... interesting. They did a pretty good job of implementing it, but I am not quite sure that I am fully sold on it yet. Some of the movements are a little tedious or overly precise and I have been a little distracted from the gameplay experience.

I tried the olympics game with the move and it's really nice. I also heard about Heavy Rain with it and I've heard nothing but greatness. I wanna buy one but maybe when there's another price drop.

I just started Heavy Rain with the Move last night (first play through, put in about 1.5-2 hours). Its... interesting. They did a pretty good job of implementing it, but I am not quite sure that I am fully sold on it yet. Some of the movements are a little tedious or overly precise and I have been a little distracted from the gameplay experience.

You may have not noticed it or worked like it had for me but after it calibrated it worked like a peach and no other game has yet to do this. I'm speaking of Heavy Rain.
Thank you.

Back