PS3 owners!!!

yeah xbox fanboys are sucking it now :p

Are you for real? Are you 10 years old? This game isnt something id brag about, its not a must have title, the upcoming God of War looks much better. I can think of 10 better games on the Xbox, hell i think Little Big Planet blows this game away.

I always hear the "100 lbs" of armor argument. Sad that Seb and Co used that as a cop out

You always hear the argument because it's the valid reason for it.
For the third time, once you get the lighter weapons, you'll understand how the whole weight thing works.

It's amazing how many people who have never touched the game have all kinds of input on it. Fanboys are sad.

For the third time, once you get the lighter weapons, you'll understand how the whole weight thing works.

It's amazing how many people who have never touched the game have all kinds of input on it. Fanboys are sad.

I own the game and I think it's a crap reason. Console controls lack enough precision already, they don't need delay combined with acceleration added to make them feel 'real'. This isn't the next Army game, it's a sci-fi shooter. Just say the characters are hopped on roids or have hydraulic assisted armor and give me controls without delay. I don't know how developers thought this was a good idea.

I like the game and played it for 3-4 hours last night, but there wasn't a moment where I was happy with the controls. With normal console FPS controls I would be heartily recommending it to anyone.

Are you for real? Are you 10 years old? This game isnt something id brag about, its not a must have title, the upcoming God of War looks much better. I can think of 10 better games on the Xbox, hell i think Little Big Planet blows this game away.

Sure it does, you are one of the lets say 0.09% of the people. This game will be a game of the year. And you can name what ever you want to name tha is better. And did i hurt your xbox sensitive heart? lololol

Sure it does, you are one of the lets say 0.09% of the people. This game will be a game of the year. And you can name what ever you want to name tha is better. And did i hurt your xbox sensitive heart? lololol

stop talking like a bloody ps3 fanboy. you make me sick. all fanboys do. just shut it and enjoy your beloved kz2 and ignore 360 fanboys mate.

i have a ps3 and this game doesnt blow me. infact i hate it. the demo that is.

I own the game and I think it's a crap reason. Console controls lack enough precision already, they don't need delay combined with acceleration added to make them feel 'real'. This isn't the next Army game, it's a sci-fi shooter. Just say the characters are hopped on roids or have hydraulic assisted armor and give me controls without delay. I don't know how developers thought this was a good idea.

I like the game and played it for 3-4 hours last night, but there wasn't a moment where I was happy with the controls. With normal console FPS controls I would be heartily recommending it to anyone.

agreed. what a fucking retarted fps controls in this game. i dont give a shit if it has crysis 3 looking graphics that make u cum in your pants but if the controls suck its a no no purchase for me

They didn't want to do that. Who the hell are you to tell developers what they should and shouldn't do? This isn't CoD. It wasn't meant to be CoD.

They didn't want to do that. Who the hell are you to tell developers what they should and shouldn't do? This isn't CoD. It wasn't meant to be CoD.

I'm the buying public, so I think I have a right to tell them what to do. Why do they feel that they know better than every other developer out there and need to reinvent the wheel? It's not just COD, no other FPS that I've played on a console intentionally adds delay to controls and stuffs it down our throats as being 'realistic'.

You guys sound like the fanboys defending Lair at launch, saying the controls were 'realistic' because a dragon is a living thing and would be hard to control in real life.

I noticed in one of your posts you say the system offsets the limitations of the controller... but I wonder have you played many shooters on a controller before?

stop talking like a bloody ps3 fanboy. you make me sick. all fanboys do. just shut it and enjoy your beloved kz2 and ignore 360 fanboys mate.

i have a ps3 and this game doesnt blow me. infact i hate it. the demo that is.

Good for you, less ****** to worry about. Now go take some medicine so you wont get so sick.

well I just finish playing the Demo and I enjoyed it. Going to to the stores and if its in stock Ill get it.

Right, I was in the beta and tried the demo.

It's amazing how people assume things isn't it? "Fanboys" are sad.
I'm still getting the game, but that reason is stupid. Seb and Co copped out, lmao.

I'm the buying public, so I think I have a right to tell them what to do. Why do they feel that they know better than every other developer out there and need to reinvent the wheel? It's not just COD, no other FPS that I've played on a console intentionally adds delay to controls and stuffs it down our throats as being 'realistic'.

You guys sound like the fanboys defending Lair at launch, saying the controls were 'realistic' because a dragon is a living thing and would be hard to control in real life.

I noticed in one of your posts you say the system offsets the limitations of the controller... but I wonder have you played many shooters on a controller before?

So they're not allowed to try something different? Yeah, lets force all developers to make games the same. Lets not allow developers to experiment with different styles of gameplay. Just because you can't stand change doesn't mean every FPS should be some god damn arcade-y shooting gallery with brain dead enemies, piss poor level design, and tired gameplay like CoD4 and 5. I'm sorry, but I enjoy having variety.

I've played a few, but I can count on one hand the ones I actually liked.

allot of people are basing their opinions on the demo.

when i first started Resistance I thought the controls were waaay to touchy, but i got used to it, you get used to the killzone 2 controls the same, just like any game. basically every new game i buy i always complain about the control until i get about a half hour (or an hour) into it and its all good.

every game is like this, not every game is gonna play like UT.

LOLOLOLOLOL i own a PS3 and there isnt much to play on it, So dont tell me that they release 1 decent shooter and its the best game in the history of gaming, Its just another FPS.

So they're not allowed to try something different? Yeah, lets force all developers to make games the same. Lets not allow developers to experiment with different styles of gameplay. Just because you can't stand change doesn't mean every FPS should be some god damn arcade-y shooting gallery with brain dead enemies, piss poor level design, and tired gameplay like CoD4 and 5. I'm sorry, but I enjoy having variety.

I've played a few, but I can count on one hand the ones I actually liked.

I just find it funny they're somehow beyond criticism for trying something different that obviously doesn't work as well as other options out there.

I just find it funny they're somehow beyond criticism for trying something different that obviously doesn't work as well as other options out there.

I'm not saying they're beyond criticism, I'm saying its stupid to make it sound like they shouldn't try something different and the opinion that it should be just another lame-ass arcade-y console shooter in a market flooded with lame-ass arcade-y console shooters so dumbed down for the mass market that its impossible for them to have anything resembling a unique experience.

I'm not saying they're beyond criticism, I'm saying its stupid to make it sound like they shouldn't try something different and the opinion that it should be just another lame-ass arcade-y console shooter in a market flooded with lame-ass arcade-y console shooters so dumbed down for the mass market that its impossible for them to have anything resembling a unique experience.

I find it ironic that you complain about games being dumbed down, then support a control system that lacks precision essentially 'dumbing it down' for those who aren't used to gamepads.

I find it ironic that you complain about games being dumbed down, then support a control system that lacks precision essentially 'dumbing it down' for those who aren't used to gamepads.

Once again, it doesn't lack precision. Its all in how you move the stick. If you try to play it like CoD you're going to suck, period. I have no problem lining up my shots. The game has absolutely zero aim assistance. I'm sorry to tell you this, but CoD has far less precision due to the game assisting your aim. Being able to aim near someone but not exactly on them and still score a hit is not precision, its a game holding your hand.

Once again, it doesn't lack precision. Its all in how you move the stick. If you try to play it like CoD you're going to suck, period. I have no problem lining up my shots. The game has absolutely zero aim assistance. I'm sorry to tell you this, but CoD has far less precision due to the game assisting your aim. Being able to aim near someone but not exactly on them and still score a hit is not precision, its a game holding your hand.

What are you talking about COD for? I never once mentioned it. My benchmark for shooters on consoles is the Rainbow 6 Vegas series, that lack aiming assistance and do not delay such as Killzone does. All I ask is no delay with no acceleration.

In most console games, you move the stick a small amount and it moves slowly, you move it to the edges and it moves quicker. Sensitivity is adjustable. Instant movement, no acceleration. That's how it should be done and it does not handle that way in Killzone 2, It lags at first and then accelerates the more you hold it trying to simulate weight and momentum. You can adjust the sensitivity but the delay and acceleration is still there.

What are you talking about COD for? I never once mentioned it. My benchmark for shooters on consoles is the Rainbow 6 Vegas series, that lack aiming assistance and do not delay such as Killzone does. All I ask is no delay with no acceleration.

In most console games, you move the stick a small amount and it moves slowly, you move it to the edges and it moves quicker. Sensitivity is adjustable. Instant movement, no acceleration. That's how it should be done and it does not handle that way in Killzone 2, It lags at first and then accelerates the more you hold it trying to simulate weight and momentum. You can adjust the sensitivity but the delay and acceleration is still there.

I despise what Ubisoft did to R6 so I refuse to touch that sorry excuse for a game on the PC, much less consoles. So I can't say I have any experience with it.

I don't really notice a lot of delay. Maybe I just got used to the controls quickly enough that it doesn't enter into my mind while playing. Do the other control options have the same problem?

I was thinking maybe this game would be more like Rainbow Six and less like Call of Duty. On Rainbow Six I smoke my coworkers, but COD is where they get me back. Is it at all like Rainbow Six? I don't care if you like Rainbow Six or not, does KZ2 play like it?

I was thinking maybe this game would be more like Rainbow Six and less like Call of Duty. On Rainbow Six I smoke my coworkers, but COD is where they get me back. Is it at all like Rainbow Six? I don't care if you like Rainbow Six or not, does KZ2 play like it?

R6V appears not to use aiming assistance on consoles, but it still seems to have what you would consider console shooter controls. I honestly can't think of any FPS, console or PC, that controls like KZ2. The few minutes I actually bothered with R6V (I gave it a fair chance before hating it) were on the PC so I can't really comment much on the console version.

Well, both KZ2 and R6V have a cover system but after that they are completely different games. It's also not similar to COD, but then I played COD4 on the PC so I'm not a good judge of how it plays on the consoles. I think it's safe to say Killzone is a unique experience, and it's hard to compare it to anything on the market currently so you'll have to rent it and see for yourself.

I picked up KZ2 yesterday after hearing my friends rave about it. It really is a good game...but there's just something horrible with the look/aiming. In most games it seems like when you hold the analog in a certain direction, the game compensates and makes you look there faster, but using subtle movements tends to be a lot more precise. In KZ, that's just not there. You can either turn the sensitivity way down and look around ultra slow, or you can have it turned up and suddenly your crosshair gets jumpy. Pretty tough to get used to.
Multiplayer is pretty cool, though. Not sure I like the leveling up system, though. It makes the good players even better by handicapping everyone else. I don't really understand the nature of that.

Apparently if you drop the sensitivity a few notches if fixes a number of control issues. I remember turning like I was swimming in molasses when I did that in the demo, but I'll give it another try tonight with Retail. It also looks like the game has gotten enough complaints about the controls to push Guerilla to re-evaluate them:

“We’re watching the forums very carefully and recording any complaints, network errors and as much as the feedback as we can, but the traffic is so massive that we cannot answer all your questions and respond to all of your concerns. We are continuing to look at the complaints of controller issues, network errors and suggestions on improving the game as a whole. Some of these things can be solved quickly and some will take longer term solutions. Any changes will require development, extensive testing and integration so we don’t take any steps backwards, but we’re getting there and we’ll continue to improve the game for a while yet. So stay calm, watch this space and let us go and sort these things out for you.

Its been a long wait and expectations are high, but we had a great launch and its only going to get better. See you folks online shortly.”

http://www.gamersdigest.net/1742/update-on-killzone-2-issues/

It good to see that they're willing to work on the major complaints people have. I just hope they don't compromise what they're trying to do with the game just to make it more appealing to the mass market CoD4 crowd.

It good to see that they're willing to work on the major complaints people have. I just hope they don't compromise what they're trying to do with the game just to make it more appealing to the mass market CoD4 crowd.

I think the large number of complaints are based on the sensitivity and general feel of the controls, and not the fact that there's no aiming assist when scoping. It makes your constant depiction of those who complain as COD4 fanboys who want auto aim somewhat misplaced.

As far as I know, the COD series is the only recent franchise to have the dumbed down controls, yet many of us have being playing console shooters long before COD4 ever hit consoles.

I don't mind the lack of aiming assist as it feels fine aiming when your sensitivity is way down. The issue I've experienced is that most console FPS games seem to have an acceleration on the looking when you hold the analog all the way in one direction. In KZ2, if you lower the sensitivity enough to aim well, it takes like 2 seconds to turn around. I'd just like to see that implimented. This is the only console FPS I can recall that seems to have this universal sensitivity setting.

I think the large number of complaints are based on the sensitivity and general feel of the controls, and not the fact that there's no aiming assist when scoping. It makes your constant depiction of those who complain as COD4 fanboys who want auto aim somewhat misplaced.

As far as I know, the COD series is the only recent franchise to have the dumbed down controls, yet many of us have being playing console shooters long before COD4 ever hit consoles.

I love the total lack of aim-assist. Though the best compromise there might be to add the option for it to be used in single-player, but leave it out of MP. Aim-assist always feels cheap to add in MP games. I realize analog sticks don't have the precision of a good mouse, but they're not THAT far off.

I can a number of arcade-y console shooters with very simplistic controls. I just use CoD4 as an example because its recent and really popular. Despite my ragging on it I do like the game, at least on the PC,

I love the total lack of aim-assist. Though the best compromise there might be to add the option for it to be used in single-player, but leave it out of MP. Aim-assist always feels cheap to add in MP games. I realize analog sticks don't have the precision of a good mouse, but they're not THAT far off.

I can a number of arcade-y console shooters with very simplistic controls. I just use CoD4 as an example because its recent and really popular. Despite my ragging on it I do like the game, at least on the PC,

I agree, aim assist has no place in multiplayer. Anyway I'm tired of discussing the controls so I'm not going to post about that part of the game any longer.

On the positive side of things - I love that you can play MP with bots to better learn what the hell you're supposed to be doing. I think that feature will cut out much of the nonsense with people spending the first 30 minutes of MP just figuring out how it works.

It is called realism, and it does it fucking great IMO.

Realism? Hah, good one. If the game was striving for realism, how many of the other design choices would be the way they are? That's the just excuse for apologists in any game. Criticism of RE5's no moving and shooting? Explanation: realism! Never mind that you can't walk and use a knife either....Same deal with this. If realism were your concern, shouldn't you be appalled that it takes more than a single bullet to put someone on the floor?

Back