PS4 Controller Battery Life

noobtech

2[H]4U
WOW, I thought my Wii U Gamepad had a short battery life. My controller was fully charged and played about 4 hours of Killzone and then tried Resogun and Contrast.. I think it made it to 7 hours.. Same as my buddy in WA. LoL. I wish we can turn off the light on the controller. The sound coming out of it is cool, though...

7 Hours is still long I guess... can't compare it to the Ps3 since that didn't have a light sensor or speaker going on at the same time. :D I guess it's always good to have a backup controller. I only have one for now.

Guess Sony should release an official charging dock/cradle of some sort.

If you are gaming for more than 7 hours you should google search deep vein thrombosis.

7 hours is pretty weak. The original PS3 controller usually lasted me about 12-14 hours of charge. But then again, it did not have sound and a light always working.

Yeah the battery life is not great I wonder how much of the charge it eats if a game used every feature. Don't forget you might get a little better battery life if you lower the sound volume on the controller. I bought a second DS4 for my PC, I might just have to use it on the PS4 ;).

7 hours is pretty weak. The original PS3 controller usually lasted me about 12-14 hours of charge. But then again, it did not have sound and a light always working.

PS3 controller batt life was not that short... I routinelyt get 30+ out of mine wich equates to about once a week

Seven hours of play is about what I got out of one charge on my DS4. It's a huge step back from DS3.

I wish that Sony and Microsoft still allowed user replaceable battery packs this new generation but alas they do not. The DS4 is handling more things than the DS3 was to be fair. It has an improved chipset that includes a better Bluetooth radio , the ability to plug in a pair of cans that support mic input and run completely off the controller power source alone. Also the (annoying) LED light. However here are some tips.

Solution 1 : 15ft USB to Micro USB via Monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=103&cp_id=10303&cs_id=1030307&p_id=5460&seq=1&format=2

Total cost? $1.98 + $2.57 for shipping = $5.08 total.

Solution 2 : Buy 15ft USB to Micro USB via Monoprice + 2 port USB wall charger via Monoprice (http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10851&cs_id=1085101&p_id=8857&seq=1&format=2)

Total cost? $8.13 plus tax and shipping.

Solution 3 : Buy an extra controller and swap it out when the first one dies.

Total cost? $59.99 with free shipping from Amazon (various other sites).

Solution 4 : Buy an an extra controller and a quick charge station. Includes AC adapter so it can be plugged in right next to the gamer or gamers.

Total cost? $59.99 for DS4 controller + $29.99 for PDP Energizer 2X Charging Station (http://www.amazon.com/PDP-Energizer...384680927&sr=8-1&keywords=ps4+charger+station) = $90 plus tax (free shipping through Amazon).

Those are 4 very viable and varying from one to the next for each individual level of budget.

That's just off the top of my head. Seriously , its not a problem. You almost ALWAYS have an AC plug or power bar near by where you sit for lamps since if you are sitting on a couch people often put stands on each side and or lamps near by. Even if you didn't have a plug near by you could easily buy a cheap extension cord at a supermarket that would allow you to play as you charge or plug in so you don't have to move from your seating position.

Buying a second controller pretty much eliminates this problem entirely as you can switch between them inside of 3-5 seconds and you don't have to worry about any extra wires. You also well have greater longevity because you'll be spreading your heavy usage across two controllers instead of one.

Unless the controllers lasted around 1-2 hours , its seriously not something you can't deal with regardless of your budget.

Side Note : You can also buy a very large and easy to install battery replacement for the Wii-U gamepad that brings it from a 3 hour and 30 minute life cycle to around 7-8 hours. It costs $39 on Play-Asia and takes less than a minute to install.

There are always solutions gents. Stop worrying and get gaming.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
PS3 controller batt life was not that short... I routinelyt get 30+ out of mine wich equates to about once a week
Initially it was like this but after 3-4 years of use it is pretty short now. I had the controller fully charged and played through Beyond Two Souls over 3 sessions. Game lasted about 12 hours tops and so did the charge on the controller. That is how I estimated 12-14. Maybe yours is faring well than mine.

Initially it was like this but after 3-4 years of use it is pretty short now. I had the controller fully charged and played through Beyond Two Souls over 3 sessions. Game lasted about 12 hours tops and so did the charge on the controller. That is how I estimated 12-14. Maybe yours is faring well than mine.

take it apart and replace said battery....

Back