PSN Account Help

eurin

[H]ard|Gawd
I just got a PS3 with Rock Band. For my gf to have separate stats, does she need her own account?

If she needs another account, do I make it a master or sub? I'm confused, if she would be able to play my purchased download games and songs. This is all on 1 PS3.

Thanks

I would just create her a new master account. She will be able to access your downloaded songs, but not your saved games.

http://ps3explained.com/beginner/users-accounts-and-sub-accounts/

PSN Master Accounts

These are standard accounts. You need to be a certain age (generally 18 or older) to create a master account. With one you can:

* Use a “Wallet”–add billing information to make purchases on Playstation Store
* Associate (manage) up to six sub-accounts

PSN Sub Accounts

Sub-accounts (”subordinate accounts”) can be used by anyone, including children/minors. They are assigned to a master account (e.g. of the parent/guardian) therefore a sub account can not be created without an existing master account.

Some games are known to prevent sub-accounts from playing online (offline works fine), despite the user being a reasonable age and having the consent of the parent. If you are creating an account for your child and will allow them to play games online and do not need to control their actions, it would be advised to create a Master account for them.

* The associated Master Account has the following control (Parental Control Settings) over the Sub Account:
o Finances
o Some voice/video chat restrictions

Ah thanks, I knew had seen the part about some games not liking sub accounts. Long as she has access to what I've purchased, master account sounds right.

Well this is what is says for users:

Users

* You can have multiple “users” on one PS3
* Each user has their own:
o Theme & background settings
o Save data for PS3 games & software
o Trophies
o Friends list & messages (when associated with a Playstation Network account)
* All users share:
o Saved data for PS1/PS2 games
o Games in the Game menu
o Everything in the Image, Music, and Video menu
* Not password protected
* Each user can be associated with one Playstation Network account.

I assumed game downloads is part of the 'Games' section, but maybe another PS3 rock band user can comment. I own it on 360 so I can't test it out.

Back