PSP webbrowser fun...

Bad_Boy

2[H]4U
i hope this is the right place to post this, as the psp is a gaming handheld

Tried out the psp webbrowser after my wipeout pure came in today from gamefly. here are some pics...

sorry for the bad quality, and dirty psp. :X

newegg:
MVC-012S.JPG

MVC-014S.JPG

MVC-013S.JPG

google:
MVC-011S.JPG

hardocp:
MVC-010S.JPG

MVC-009S.JPG

MVC-008S.JPG

pspcomplete.com: (shameless pluggin) :p
http://badboy.xtremetuners.com/psp/MVC-006F.JPG
http://badboy.xtremetuners.com/psp/MVC-005F.JPG

pspirc:
http://badboy.xtremetuners.com/psp/MVC-004F.JPG
http://badboy.xtremetuners.com/psp/MVC-003F.JPG

So you have to scroll across the page? Anyway to get a page to shrink to the screen res?

Onto a similar topic:

Do you know the timeframe in which Sony will release the big firmware upgrade? (the one that is rumored to have the Webbrowser/wordprocessor/email client)

All I know is 'soon'. I was just wondering if anyone had a better idea at it's release timeframe.

Deadly sk1llz said:
Onto a similar topic:

Do you know the timeframe in which Sony will release the big firmware upgrade? (the one that is rumored to have the Webbrowser/wordprocessor/email client)

All I know is 'soon'. I was just wondering if anyone had a better idea at it's release timeframe.
its probally gonna be around the end of this month or in may, when korea gets all their goodies. sony probally wouldnt want to leave us out too. thats just my guess, so take it how you want it :p

so is there any way u can get online with one of those-without a router?

Yeah, I just picked up my PSP the other day, and it's amazing how many unencrypted wireless signals are going around :) I can count 7 unencrypted wireless access points/routers from my apartment, and 3 at my girlfriends. They're only at like 20% signal strength, but at least it's an option!

I have my own linksys wireless router though, but I haven't picked up the Wipeout game yet though. Although, I fail to see the reason why I'd be browsing on my PSP when my PC is right there... :p

ok, wait, so how do I use an access point. I'm slow. If anyone has the paitents or time to explain the whole web browsing set up to me without a router I would greatly appreciate it. I have wipeout pure...just dont know what to do. I thought u needed a router.

Its gonna suck when they start programming spyware and adware for the PSP :p

|0b0 said:
ok, wait, so how do I use an access point. I'm slow. If anyone has the paitents or time to explain the whole web browsing set up to me without a router I would greatly appreciate it. I have wipeout pure...just dont know what to do. I thought u needed a router.

yeah your gonna need a wireless access point or just a wireless router to connect to the internet.

Jason Isom said:
^ It's already begun...

http://www.psphacks.net/content/view/141/2/

I don't know the credibility, but if it's true...this is rather sad. :)

hmm....whats up with this part though.
Once the PSP is infected, the virus will change the background color of the home menu screen each time the month changes. You can test for this by simply adjusting the date on your PSP to a new month. If the screen color changes, you have been infected.
sounds like a joke to me.

if you look at the comments below the article you see the other members are kinda amused :p
late april fools?

Yeah, I didn't even read the comments. :p

::sigh:: I'm so gullible. Although, anyone posting April Fool's jokes on April 2nd should be shot.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
PSP looks cool... but i really don't have a reason to get one..

...how many reasons do you need?

Gaming machine, music machine, web browser, chat capabilities, email capabilities, movie capabilities...

WickedAngel said:

Gaming machine, music machine, web browser, chat capabilities, email capabilities, movie capabilities...

Don't forget to add Cellphone to that list.

WickedAngel said:

i don't game that often.. i consider myself an occasional gamer.. i don't really need to access the web away from my apartment (don't need to check e-mail that often either)... i have an MP3 player already.. i have a cell phone already... i don't chat, and i don't want to buy UMDs of movies i already own...

like i said.. it looks cool.. but i wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.. plus.. i don't have much money to begin with anyway... i'm in college :( :mad:

Deadly sk1llz said:

Likely not for a while. North American PSPs come with version 1.5, which is already an upgrade from the initial firmware version that shipped with Japanese PSPs.

RancidWAnnaRIot said:
i don't game that often.. i consider myself an occasional gamer.. i don't really need to access the web away from my apartment (don't need to check e-mail that often either)... i have an MP3 player already.. i have a cell phone already... i don't chat, and i don't want to buy UMDs of movies i already own...

like i said.. it looks cool.. but i wouldn't use it enough to justify the cost.. plus.. i don't have much money to begin with anyway... i'm in college :( :mad:

A lot of people are far more connected than you, and need, or want these features. Also, you dont need to buy UMD movies. Pay the price for a 1gig stick, and simply convert your movies, TV shows, or any other video and watch it on the go.

Are there any good sites regarding the PSP? I expect my two 1gig sticks Monday and would like to fill her up with movies for a Tuesday travel day.

Back