PSU died! I need some advice!

patric

Gawd
My PSU decided to go up in smoke yesterday and I'm looking for a new one for the i7 system in my sig. I'm also thinking about throwing in a second GTX 260 (they're both 65nm models).

Would the Corsair 750TX be enough to handle 2 GPU's? Or is that overkill? Or not enough? I can get a 750TX from Newegg or pick up a 650TX from MC tomorrow for the same price.

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks!

I would get the TX750 for 2x GTX 260s in SLI. That would be enough.

Just curious, but what was the previous PSU that died?

Thanks everyone! I was kinda leaning towards the 750TX...now if only Newegg had instantaneous shipping... :D

http://www.svc.com/ocz1000pxs-b.html

This. Stupidly good deal -- It'll get a little loud near full load due to high RPM 80mm fans, but you're never going to see anywhere near full load with that setup so it's an amazing deal for you and the power is there should you ever need it.

http://www.svc.com/ocz1000pxs-b.html

This. Stupidly good deal -- It'll get a little loud near full load due to high RPM 80mm fans, but you're never going to see anywhere near full load with that setup so it's an amazing deal for you and the power is there should you ever need it.
Actually, it's pretty loud even at low loads. It's basically a rebranded server PSU so the fan control is geared towards cooling rather than silence. If that isn't an issue, then this would be a great PSU for just about any system.

After my friend's experience with his StealthXtreme 700W melting a hole in his wall I try to stay away from OCZ PSU's now but thanks for looking!

I did get the TX 750, but I think my mobo and GPU are shot. The fans all start running (except the fan on the 260) when I turn on the computer, harddrive light comes on, but nothing else happens. Time to start swapping out parts I guess!

After my friend's experience with his StealthXtreme 700W melting a hole in his wall I try to stay away from OCZ PSU's now but thanks for looking!

I did get the TX 750, but I think my mobo and GPU are shot. The fans all start running (except the fan on the 260) when I turn on the computer, harddrive light comes on, but nothing else happens. Time to start swapping out parts I guess!

That's a good call generally on OCZ PSUs, but the ProXtreme line is actually very high quality... something of an anomaly with them.

if i were you id go with the cosair 750tx. that way you will never have to worry about buying another psu ever!!

if i were you id go with the cosair 750tx. that way you will never have to worry about buying another psu ever!!
That's hardly true. Even if his power requirements in the future don't exceed the TX750's capacity, the PSU does have a limited lifespan.

Back