PSU dilemma for new rig

OpStar

Gawd
I'm building a new rig at the end of this month and I can't decide which way to go with the PSU.

Specs:

i7 860
8GB Gskill Ripjaws
UD4P
Coolermaster V10
Patriot Torqx 128GB / 300GB Vraptor / 1TB Seagate
X-Fi Fatality
DVD burner
CM Storm Scout

I could use the Corsair 520HX from this build and use one of the Coolermaster 500w Silent Pros I have laying around in my current rig. However I might go CF5850s later and I'm not sure if the 520HX would be enough.

I've also thought about buying a 750HX for my new rig, the only reason I'm not totally sold on it is price. I'm running tight on my budget atm and I dunno if I want to spend $160 on a psu.

So on that note I was thinking of the 650HX since its a little cheaper, but then I'm like well what is $30 bucks really and is the 650HX worth upgrading from the 520HX for.

Finally, after reading some posts here, I'm considering the Antec 750 TrueNewBlue because its currently $104 at newegg. It scored well at JohnnyGuru and $100 for a quality 750W is easier to swallow. The only negative I've read about the Antec is that it isn't really modular, which is something I really like about the Corsairs since the Scout case is kind of cramped.

Thoughts?

I'd stick with the 520HX until you know absolutely for sure that you will be going with a CF setup

ZZF had the Enermax Revolution 85+ for 150 after rebate. It would be extremely efficient at those loads and would give you alot of headroom for expansion.

For a single-GPU setup, the Corsair 650HX will be enough and is a good choice.

For a dual-GPU setup (CF), the Corsair 750HX or Corsair 850HX should be considered.

1050W is overkill for his setup, even with crossfire 5850s. Those cards eat less wattage than the 5870s. Any good 750 should be enough for crossfire 5850s. Antec TP 750 sounds like a good choice for the money.

Back