PSU for a Geforce 7800 GS

Messhu

n00b
Hello! I want to replace my old Geforce FX 5700 LE for a Geforce 7800 GS. My old PSU wont cut it, even if its a 450W one since there is only 13A on the 12V rail and that card needs 20A.

Whats PSU you guys recommend? Dont want to buy a junker ;) .

Thanks.

captain_MaTt said:
the Coolmax CX-550B is 550 watts and has 35a on a 12 volt rail

He said not a junker. A coolmax made by ATNG (E186010) being sold for 70+ would most definately be a junker.

Op what is the prie range, system, desired features, etc.

Spectre said:
He said not a junker. A coolmax made by ATNG (E186010) being sold for 70+ would most definately be a junker.

Op what is the prie range, system, desired features, etc.

Well I dont consider price cause I know you get what you pay for in PSU's.

My system is:

athlon XP 2600+ on a A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo, 1 gig Patriot PC2700 ram, with one hard drive, a cdr drvie and a dvd drive. Is that enough system info?

As I said, what I desire is a quality PSU with at least 20Amps in the 12V rail for my new 7800GS card. Other than that, I dont really care. Its not like I need it for SLI or anything.

Messhu said:
Well I dont consider price cause I know you get what you pay for in PSU's.

My system is:

athlon XP 2600+ on a A7N8X-E Deluxe mobo, 1 gig Patriot PC2700 ram, with one hard drive, a cdr drvie and a dvd drive. Is that enough system info?

As I said, what I desire is a quality PSU with at least 20Amps in the 12V rail for my new 7800GS card. Other than that, I dont really care. Its not like I need it for SLI or anything.

First, you need a single rail psu. Asus boards don't have the extra 2x2.

I think the OCZ Powerstream 420/520 will be more than sufficent for your needs.

Bbq said:
First, you need a single rail psu. Asus boards don't have the extra 2x2.

I think the OCZ Powerstream 420/520 will be more than sufficent for your needs.

That looks very nice.

Back