PSU?

guber42

n00b
which power supply should i get for this setup?

Opteron 246 (x2)
Tyan K8WE
2GB Kingston PC3200 DDR 400 Reg. ECC
74GB WD Raptor 10K RPM Sata (x2) (Raid)
LG DVD Burner
Cheap Dual Monitor Video Card
Lian Li V1200B Case

Money not an issue?
PC Power and Cooling Turbo Cool 510 Deluxe XE
Best Damn PSU for dualies... evar
(perhaps the zippy 700w w/ 46a @ 12v bests it a bit... :p)
I've run one for about 6 months now and I can't even make it blink. Even keeps running through brownouts

Are you overclocking? Are you looking to increase your internal RAID array? Are there any upgrades to the video requirements in the near future?

If you plan to keep your existing setup, I'd go with PC Power & Cooling 510. If you plan on increasing your power requirements significantly anytime in the near future, go with the 850 monster that they have available. I trust the PC Power & Cooling name *bar none* over any other manufacturer. I'm not saying that there aren't any other names that aren't good, but PC Power and Cooling is the rock-solid standard by which all others are measured.

If you don't think you will need 850 Watts, but may need more than 510, you might want to look at Antec's Power Supplies. Antec has a 550, but it only has marginal power increases over PC Power and Cooling's 510 (even with its 40 more watts of rating). Don't skimp on the PSU.

mkim797 said:
If you don't think you will need 850 Watts, but may need more than 510, you might want to look at Antec's Power Supplies. Antec has a 550, but it only has marginal power increases over PC Power and Cooling's 510 (even with its 40 more watts of rating). Don't skimp on the PSU.
No, the 510 has more power than the 550; not only do overall watts not matter, but the 550 that antec quotes is at 25 celcius, whereas at 25 celcius the 510 is actually 600+.

Back