Purchase 600 series or wait for 700 series?

CAxVIPER

Limp Gawd
Well I parted out a few months ago which I now regret selling my 680 for almost half price. Originally I wanted to go back to console but all my friends went to PC right after I got my xbox again. So I am now looking at buying a 680 again or waiting for 700 series. I am not in a hurry as I can live with my iGPU and play stupid stuff like minecraft and possibly SC2.

TLDR; Wait for 700 series or stick with 600?

Last edited:
Well I parted out a few months ago which I now regret selling my 680 for almost half price. Originally I wanted to go back to console but all my friends went to PC right after I got my xbox again. So I am now looking at buying a 680 again or waiting for 700 series. I am not in a hurry as I can live with my iGPU and play stupid stuff like minecraft and possibly SC2.

TLD; Wait for 700 series or stick with 600?

If the new Nvidia Titan is as great as people say I'll sell you my 4GB 680s and buy the Titan.

Hmm, wish we really had some specs and a set release date. Guess ill wait for a few months and see what happens.

I personally want to see the new Titan card and will make my decision then for a refresh. As from what is being said now the whole 700 series wont be until Q4 :/ but we will see!

I heard the new Gk110 will have about 80% of the performance of the 690! However, it will be out around 4th qaurter or may get pushed back, who knows. Newer is always better, but if i played the waiting game all the time id have nothing and im pretty happy with my rig!

I heard the new Gk110 will have about 80% of the performance of the 690! However, it will be out around 4th qaurter or may get pushed back, who knows. Newer is always better, but if i played the waiting game all the time id have nothing and im pretty happy with my rig!
you are mixing your info and rumors up. Geforce GK110 aka Titan is rumored to be 85% of a GTX690 and is coming out very soon. it is the 7 series that are delayed to later this year.

Unless you really want it now then wait for the 7. But if there is something you really want to play now with your friends, I guess you dont really have a choice.

I usually keep cards for a couple of generations but we will see how awesome the performance on the 700 series is and I might upgrade.

Unless you really want it now then wait for the 7. But if there is something you really want to play now with your friends, I guess you dont really have a choice.

I usually keep cards for a couple of generations but we will see how awesome the performance on the 700 series is and I might upgrade.

The 7 series wont be a die shrink, so it will be 20 to 30 present faster at best over the 6 series.

The Titan how ever has been rumoured to be a beast of a card with a price to match, and will be released soon.

Considering the 690 is $1000, we can expect the Titan to be about that, can't afford. :(

i would just wait. ill be selling my 670 when the 7 series comes out

If the OP can wait for about 8 or 9 months for the 7 series. As again the rumour at the moment is the last quarter of 2013 for the 7 series release.

Titan very soon however...

was debating this but found a 680 4gb zotac on ncix for 100 off 449 i think it was figured it was close enough to the 670 cost

Last edited:
Guess i'm going to wait and see what comes out in the following months then make a decision. Thanks for the opinions.

wait for the Titan or 700 series to come out...that will in turn drop prices on the 600 series...win! win!

Back