Puzzle quest.... incredible game!

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
I just got puzzle quest last friday for the DS . I was looking for a good old puzzle game , but now i find myself with an incredibly deep RPG/puzzle game.

Basically you fight your ennemy while playing bejeweled. You acquire money , experience and rune while doing so . There's a lot more im sure... i just got into it...

i just wanted to tell everybody how good it is!

Yup, got it on PSP and was addicted to it for a week or so. I should really go back and finish the game.

Yup, got it on PSP and was addicted to it for a week or so. I should really go back and finish the game.

I couldn't stop playing it till I finished it, not sure how you escaped its grasp. Once I beat it I haven't touched it again. :p

It is a pretty fun game. :) Very refreshing from what has been released on the DS RPG-wise here recently.

yeah digging the game right now. Playing a wizard and a knight the wizard is a bad ass with fireball.

How did you beat lord dread? He's kicking my a$$.

I totally forget. I had this awesome skill/item combo that absolutely killed necro wizards and orc mages. IIRC, they use a skill that makes a whole bunch of +5 skulls. I waited for them to do this while filling up my mana bars. Once it happens I may web them (from spider mount [-4 turns for them]) then use a skill that creates half as many skulls as my red mana (which was around 25 skulls IIRC). So that + their +5 skulls = tons of damage. Then I almost always get a bonus turn for the +4 matches. I had a lot of trouble with them before I found this combo.

Some info is probably off since I haven't played in a few months.

I want to get this game so bad but I'm trying to hold off since it was announced for Xbox Live Arcade and the PC. I have a DS but why not play the game in semi-HD? :D

the touch screen gameplay is the best so far... i tried the psp edition and i found the ds one better...

im so hooked on this game! why does it even exist!

I totally forget. I had this awesome skill/item combo that absolutely killed necro wizards and orc mages. IIRC, they use a skill that makes a whole bunch of +5 skulls. I waited for them to do this while filling up my mana bars. Once it happens I may web them (from spider mount [-4 turns for them]) then use a skill that creates half as many skulls as my red mana (which was around 25 skulls IIRC). So that + their +5 skulls = tons of damage. Then I almost always get a bonus turn for the +4 matches. I had a lot of trouble with them before I found this combo.

Some info is probably off since I haven't played in a few months.

I think my problem is that I haven't relied on any of that stuff and have had no trouble advancing with my druid. Guess I'll need to do some backtracking and pick up skills that can finish off this guy.

the touch screen gameplay is the best so far... i tried the psp edition and i found the ds one better...
Exact other way around for me. The DS version looks terrible, sounds worse, and has this weird bug where you start with the same "field" every time you do a powercycle.

The PSP version has the (minor) companions bug, but it at least looks and sounds nice. IMHO, stylus versus a d-pad is a wash on this one.

Just beat the boss in about 3 turns. Cast blazing skulls turning greens to skulls and blues to red, then casted berserker rage turning all red to skulls took off over 200 on first attack. My wizard it the rockness.

Back